I bring you very sad news

The memorial thread with posts from fans.

Postby questionable » Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:43 am

im way too young to have been to a concert, didnt even live in the us till 98. but i know this, ever since i heard DM i was in a state of trance that made me extremely happy and numb at once, like just floating. i wish i had been able to have seen the shows and meet the band but thats just my luck. all i can say is that ill always carry them in my heart and when i find that special someone itll be my punk rock girl. and well do the stuff on the song. but best of all, well listen to dead milkmen till death do us part... eventually ill force my children to listen to them until they love the stuff. point is, ill make sure DM NEVER die, at least in my heart and those of fans. even if someones not physically here, they always remain in someones heart.

rock on all, lets make it through. dead milkman forever!
what?
questionable

ketchy

Postby woods » Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:17 pm

Dear Ketchy,

i read your post today.
i don't you and i don't know what you need but i just wanted you to hear this.
hang on.
maybe the future's bleak but you can talk about it. i'm not going to pretend to know what you are going through or what Dave went through. everyone is different.
i didn't have a chance to tell Dave not to do it, but maybe this will be worth something to you.
even though there are some pretty messed up things with this country/world, it always gets worse before it gets better. plus, there are still beautiful things to appreciate. even in this setting.
please take some time. talk to someone. it's probably easier said than done, but at least try.

love,
woods
woods

Postby SirSka » Wed Mar 17, 2004 12:34 pm

So very sad. :(
SirSka

Postby somegirl » Wed Mar 17, 2004 1:48 pm

ive been reading through the new messages every day for a week now, trying to think what i would say. crying a little. ive been a dm fan for a long damn time. had many a funny moment while playing some of their music, did many a stupid thing right along with that. it sad when some one dies. i think its even harder when someone takes their own life. ive had three good friends in the last year and half (maybe this means you should run when i come along??) kill themselves. it leaves me wondering why? what could i have done? but then, i had no idea. in only one of the friends, did i see any sign of this coming and they always talked liked that or acted in such a way...we never took him seriously. i feel a little guilt at times. so i understand how hard it is to get yer head around what they had to be thinking. i dont think you can but you know you do the best you can do. sometimes in life we are to busy with our own struggles to notice others and i dont think that its totally a fault, its just a fact. so go home, love the people important in your lives, and if they blink out of life, you do the best that you can to remember them and thats all you can do. i feel sad for Daves family and friends and fans...its tough.
"yeah, you question me, do you question yourself to have that authority?"
somegirl

Postby kevin_karloffs » Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:02 pm

I have been away from the world for a while and just read the news on rodneys site. my deepest condolences to family and friends and fans. I only got to meet dave once at a show in '93 but still remember vividly. I remember watching them play and his dangling earring swaying to and fro. The milkmen changed my life at a young age and are one of the reasons I am in a band. Thank you for all of the good times dave. sad.
kevin_karloffs

Postby Craig » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:29 pm

Dave,

You're a good soul and still I remember those crazy nights with you, Rod and the rest of the band back when I lived in Philly. With all my heart, I hope you found what you were looking for.

Stay well my friend, Craig
Craig

Location: Exton, PA (used to be Philly, used to be Coatesville)

Postby xtina » Wed Mar 17, 2004 8:55 pm

dave...

i am sorry to hear that you felt you had to go...

i am sorry to hear that no one could reach in and help you find your way out and live happily again...

i will remember some really great shows in the 80s...

i will remember that crazed ambulance...

i will remember your smile...

rest in peace, brother...i'll catch you on the flipside
xtina

My Condolences

Postby trl » Thu Mar 18, 2004 12:27 am

I just wanted to offer my deepest condolences to Rodney, Joe, Dean & Dave's family. I'm sorry for your loss. If there is anything I can do, please let me know.

Sincerely,

Ted
trl

sad times

Postby GOT_MILK? » Thu Mar 18, 2004 4:30 am

REST IN PEACE DAVE.
YOU WILL BE GREATLY MISSED.
THANKS FOR EVERYTHING,ALL OF YOU GUYS.
GOT_MILK?

Postby Art » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:14 am

Guys,

I'm very sorry to hear about Dave. While it's been a while since we've met, I think of you guys often. My heart goes out to you, Dave's family, and all the people I've seen you guys make so happy with your music.

As a brief reminder, I was Dan's friend from the midwest and stayed with you guys a couple of days in Texas when you were recording.

I continue to pray for Dave and please know that you are also in my prayers.

Take care.
Art.
Art

Postby SkullCracka » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:39 am

<-----lays down his drumsticks and listens to dead milkmen for the day...May you now have what your looking for Dave..thanks for all the Jams...you will be missed...peace.

Joel ex drummer for Dandelion
SkullCracka

Postby Bill_Nerd » Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:49 pm

I am so sad. I now play all Dead Milkmen songs with respect and raise a glass to Dave. I wish only the best for Dave's friends and family. Peace.
Bill_Nerd

Postby Beezlebubba » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:59 pm

This is truly shocking news
I am so sad right now, I cannot even think of anytning to say, except for the following;

My prayers go out to Dave's family and friends, as well as himself.
He was a great musician, and even though i did not personally know him, I can just tell by looking at him that we was a great person, we are truly going to miss him, but he will always be with us through his music.

I have nothing else to say...
Sad, sad world we live in today.
Beezlebubba

Postby theghostofdeedeeramone » Thu Mar 18, 2004 9:14 pm

What digs Bro
Wow Dave only made it to 47, 77 is much better, but when your
mentally ill, 47 is pretty good, I guess.It was always nice to see Daves
posts. How come assholes never commit suicide?
theghostofdeedeeramone

Postby MissConduct » Thu Mar 18, 2004 10:16 pm

Damn it.
Sometimes the world is hurtful and cruel and sometimes there's a few who feel that much more deeply than the rest, typically the most goodness was found within the few.
Thank you for touching my fucked up adolescent life in those strung out 80's.
MissConduct

PreviousNext

Return to Dave Blood Memorial Thread