Radio show

Here's where you read, reply and post.

Moderators: Cult Leader Lettuce, Adict4DeadMilk, johnec

Radio show

Postby drewkeenan » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:46 pm

How is everyone doing? To begin, I'm not self-promoting in any way, just wanted to share this and maybe get some feedback. I've been listening to The Dead Milkmen since I was 13, I'm now 22. So if you do the math, I was only consciously alive for one album, which was Stoney's, and ironically it came out on my second birthday. Also, when I started listening, TDM hadn't even reunited yet. On my 18th birthday I got a Camaro and my cake was a knock-off of "Now You Are 20" with an 18 instead lol. I had the opportunity to meet Joe in Philly back in 2010, but I haven't got to see the band perform live yet. So I hope you guys come to the Morgantown or Pittsburgh area.

I work at the local college radio station as a DJ and producer at West Virginia University nowadays. The administration there has told me about how much of a staple TDM are there, and I've found a lot of albums too (as well as played them while DJ'ing). But anyway, I was offered to play on our weekly radio show last week, and I played Plum Dumb and Serrated Edge. But this post is pretty much a thank you to TDM for making music that has got me through life, and hopefully you guys would come sometime and play on our radio show as well. I posted the Serrated Edge cover on my soundcloud and just thought I would share here. Thanks for reading.

https://soundcloud.com/drewabombkeenan/ ... -on-u92-fm
drewkeenan

Re: Radio show

Postby Marshall » Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:36 am

Hey Drew,

Glad to hear you've discovered this band. It's never too late to find good music. I'll give a listen to your soundcloud when I have a chance. I never got to see the Milkmen pre-2004, but have been making up for it over the years. I hope you get to catch them soon. If you haven't subscribed to Joe's newsletter, you should. He's got a tour coming up and may very well play close enough for you to catch his solo act. Welcome to the FFA. Stay out of trouble!
Marshall

Postby chrisnourcan » Sun Nov 15, 2015 1:46 am

I'm gonna need a picture of that cake. Your soundcloud sounds very nice!
chrisnourcan

Postby drewkeenan » Mon Nov 16, 2015 1:39 pm

Thank you Marshall. I have been reading the FFA since I got into the band. Lettuce allowed me to use his old account, Tommy Boy, because registration had not been opened back up yet then. After that I had went by Tugena for a while, but after many years and a forgotten password, I'm here. Glad to be back!

And also, thank you Chris. Hopefully you hear some Dead Milkmen influence in there. I have a song titled Daniel Boone Park After Dark, which was my way as a teenager to make references like TDM had, in this instance referencing The Low Budgets song Clark Park After Dark. I did some searching and found the picture of my cake from my 18th birthday. It was hard to eat it because I wanted to just keep it in my room forever lol.

drewkeenan

Postby chrisnourcan » Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:14 am

That cake is quite amazing. Thanks for sharing!!
chrisnourcan

Postby chrisnourcan » Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:10 pm

I'm going to need the recipe, please share! Yeah, I bake, what about it??
chrisnourcan

Postby casoteaser » Wed Mar 22, 2017 10:06 pm

It is beautiful, good looking, appreciate. And meaningful ^^

*slotonline*
casoteaser

Postby casoteaser » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:59 am

casoteaser

Postby gombanex » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:39 pm

Great thing. Best wishes