What bands U like other than TDM?

Here's where you read, reply and post.

Moderators: Cult Leader Lettuce, Adict4DeadMilk, johnec

Postby SerratedEdge » Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:37 pm

I mean, what's up? Do some of you guys go out of your way to name some bands that were forged "Outside of the mold"? I suppose I need to branch out more, and I think I'll start looking up some of the bands you mention I never heard of for a taste of something different, see how I like it. I mean, I get it, it's a site centered around a punk band, but I am going to speak for silent majority (maybe not the majority here :P ) and name 20 of the bands I listen to regularly. No apologies for the dinosaur rock, either. Here goes:

Led Zeppelin (everyday, bitch)
White Zombie
Otis Redding
David Bowie
Bob Marley (etc.)
Velvet Underground (continuing into Lou Reed)
Rage Against the Machine
Sublime
Fred McDowell
Iron Maiden
Grateful Dead (yeah, I said it)
The Clash
King Crimson
Steely Dan
Animal Crackers
The Cult
NOFX
Johnny Cash
Jane's Addiction
Ludwig Van Beethoven (not technically a band, but couldn't leave him out)

Bonus is the Doors, 'cause I got tons of their shit on vinyl and I like to spin said vinyl.
SerratedEdge

Postby The Lamp Incident » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:25 pm

Donno wrote:Lampy!
How's it hangin?

Hangin' high. Hangin' low. Sometimes fast and sometimes slow. How does it go, bro?

SerratedEdge wrote:I mean, what's up? Do some of you guys go out of your way to name some bands that were forged "Outside of the mold"?

eh
The Lamp Incident

Postby chrisnourcan » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:58 am

Elton John, Norah Jones, and... Charlie Daniels Band. There I said it! Don't ban me!!!!
chrisnourcan

Postby Chuck » Tue Feb 14, 2012 7:26 am

SerratedEdge wrote:I mean, what's up? Do some of you guys go out of your way to name some bands that were forged "Outside of the mold"? I suppose I need to branch out more, and I think I'll start looking up some of the bands you mention I never heard of for a taste of something different, see how I like it. I mean, I get it, it's a site centered around a punk band, but I am going to speak for silent majority (maybe not the majority here :P ) and name 20 of the bands I listen to regularly. No apologies for the dinosaur rock, either. Here goes:

Otis Redding

Well I was hoping some one here had seen Gregory's Funhouse or knew Gregory Ambrose Pittman.That is one obscure character even on the internet.He sent one of my friends a 2 hour long VHS tape years ago full of bizarre hilarity and music.Plus he has one CD (Gregory Diaries or something ) that you can't even find mentioned anywhere on the internet.

Otis Redding is The Man.Anyone here should get the split Live At Monterrey album with Jimi Hendrix.Otis blows Jimi away.
Chuck

Postby Donno » Tue Feb 14, 2012 6:06 pm

The Lamp Incident wrote:
How's it hangin?

Hangin' high. Hangin' low. Sometimes fast and sometimes slow. How does it go, bro?

It goes well.
I live in Knoxville now. It's awesome, except less DM access.
More sky, less litter, less people shooting other people for fun and profit... It's a fair trade.
Let Stand No Dance Leg Quiet.
Donno

Voodoo Organist

Postby wad » Tue Feb 14, 2012 9:03 pm

If you've never check out the Voodoo Organist, I think you should.

This is a shameless plug, but he's got a Kickstarter project going so he can get his next CD out. Here's the link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/143 ... organeddon

Brian Bubonic agrees that it's good stuff... right Brian?!?!
wad

Re: Voodoo Organist

Postby Chuck » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:03 am

wad wrote:If you've never check out the Voodoo Organist, I think you should.

This is a shameless plug, but he's got a Kickstarter project going so he can get his next CD out. Here's the link:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/143 ... organeddon

Brian Bubonic agrees that it's good stuff... right Brian?!?!

This is good: http://www.myspace.com/voodooorganist wad.

"The Revenge of The Black Widow" has a real Crazy World of Aurthur Brown sound.You don't hear a lot of Organ in music nowadays.

Wad.Organ.Go ahead,it's too easy even for this Beavis & Butthead fan.
Chuck

Postby The Lamp Incident » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:09 pm

Donno wrote:
The Lamp Incident wrote:
How's it hangin?

It goes well.
I live in Knoxville now. It's awesome, except less DM access.
More sky, less litter, less people shooting other people for fun and profit... It's a fair trade.

Heh. I was working as a truck driver for a short period over the summer and stopped in Knoxville for a night. Not near anything of course. Can't imagine there's much to do there. Don't think I'd be into Tennessee.

Still representing Rhode Island!
eh
The Lamp Incident

Postby LizardPrinceEros » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:26 pm

None. Is this a trap?
Tyler Franklin
Exemplary Entertainment
LizardPrinceEros

Re:

Postby ToterMilchman » Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:34 am

Donno wrote:
ToterMilchman wrote:do you know fishbonelive.org?

I check it out sporadically. I'm a member and all, but don't hit it as often as I prolly should.

I have one, and only one, band logo tattooed on me... a Fishbone skeleton, right on my dome.

Fishbone soldier til I die.

Soldier (and all of you) have you already signed Image http://www.thepetitionsite.com/tell-a-friend/10888210
ToterMilchman

Re: What bands U like other than TDM?

Postby N.Dorphins » Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:07 pm

I was into Fishbone before anyone. The Fishbone of the BACK TO THE BEACH movie years. Before they went alternative.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZF4moOxOjI&feature=kp

Sorry, but I'm too old for tattoos. I'm so old that the AARP is after me.

Currently listening to the SNATCH soundtrack.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOnWETcUbQ8
Gawd am I out of date!?!

Me soundtrack collection is my pride and joy.
"If you got a slave master or Klan in your blood, blacks can sense that, That stuff lingers to this day. Just like Jews can sense Nazi blood and the Serbs can sense Dave Blood."
-Robert Allen Zimmerman
N.Dorphins

Postby loosh » Wed Jun 25, 2014 6:24 pm

nomeansno, andrew jackson jihad, modest mouse, big black, shellac, rapeman, possum dixon, mr bungle, fantomas, nomeansno, built to spill, the halo benders, nomeansno, the hanson brothers (not to be confused with the horrible hanson who did mmmbop), nomeansno, faith no more, mad conductor, hazel, BIG DADDY MEAT STRAW, the wipers, NOMEANSNO, ALL AMAZING BANDS!

by the way, can you tell i really really really like NOMEANSNO? if you have not heard them do yourself a favor and check out Canada's first and best real punk band.
I have nomeansno and lots of dm on my youtube page "daniel tittyfish" you can go there or just do a search of nomeansno (all one word). The best place to start would be the albums titled "WRONG" or "0+2=1".......some good songs are; o+2=1,rags and bones, everyday i start to ooze, joy, big dick, 2 lips 2 lungs and 1 tongue, the river, is this love?. there, thats a good jumping off point.

ENJOY!
loosh

Postby VirginsInCraters » Fri Aug 22, 2014 12:02 am

What a bunch of great bands I see posted! There is a shit ton of great music to listen to, past and present. How do bands even come up with names now a days? I was at one of those dueling piano bars one night where you're encouraged to select a song for the artists to perform...that is not easy, especially after drinking too much when every song performed live makes you happy. I put on the paper to not sing a song,.but rather say the word dogpussy. Inspired by earls wife. The pianist snickered then crumpled the sheet and tossed it to his partner who giggled then yelled it out! It made my night! Bands i've been listening to lately are grouplove, dread Zeppelin, tenacious D, aquabats, Warren zevon, reel big fish, public enemy, billy joel, built to spill...the list goes on! Its a great time to be alive.
VirginsInCraters

Postby TheSpinachPatternSet » Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:40 pm

T Rex
Pig Destroyer
Ween
At The Drive-In
The B-52s
The Misfits
Like Rodney, I also love D-petch Commode
TheSpinachPatternSet

Postby Smack My Fish Up » Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:28 pm

Butthole Surfers
The Frogs
Ween
Depeche Mode (?)
The Smiths ( Can I say that?)
P.I.L. (basically all the bands mentioned in instant club hit)
The Beatles
Hot Chip
Blur
Pulp
Suede
Teenage Fanclub
Half Japanese
The Kinks
Violent Femmes
B5-2's
Devo
Animal Collective