The King in Yellow is HERE!

Here's where you read, reply and post.

Moderators: Cult Leader Lettuce, Adict4DeadMilk, johnec

Postby LizardPrinceEros » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:35 pm

dandrew wrote:
LizardPrinceEros wrote:And here I thought the best line was "drinks on me"... :)

It is pretty good.

Even better if you come to the show and make it happen!

I'm coming up from Bowling Green, KY, some 7 hours away. You should be buying me drinks!
LizardPrinceEros

Postby dandrew » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:57 pm

Check your e-mail.
dandrew

Postby zachy2 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:21 pm

yumcake wrote:Since this is already off topic I would like to ask why so many people diss Stoney's. I actually think it's a pretty good album with so many great songs. "Chaos Theory" is by far one of the best Dead Milkmen songs ever! I bought that album the day it came out and, yeah, it's not as good as Bucky Felini but it still has so many goddamn classics. Anybody agree with me?

Yes. I really really like Helicopter Interiors (though it doesn't make any sense to me), I Can't Stay Awake, I'm Flying Away, Khrissy, and Big Deal.
Noli colorare extra lineas
zachy2

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Sat Mar 26, 2011 3:42 pm

yumcake wrote:Since this is already off topic I would like to ask why so many people diss Stoney's. I actually think it's a pretty good album with so many great songs. "Chaos Theory" is by far one of the best Dead Milkmen songs ever! I bought that album the day it came out and, yeah, it's not as good as Bucky Felini but it still has so many goddamn classics. Anybody agree with me?

For me, Stoney's has some good songs on it. Some damn good songs. But the overall feel of the album for me feels rushed. There are times when the band is spot-on, and there are other times when the band seems to be just going through the paces, tired of playing, tired of touring, just wanting to be out of the record contract.
The unofficial archivist. Keep digitizing those old recordings everybody!

Current Projects: A stack of tapes from Timothy, will be hopefully getting those finished soon! Lotsa upgrades to things that have been circulating for a while.
Cult Leader Lettuce

Postby Brian Bubonic » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:21 pm

Looks like the entire album has made it to YouTube already...
Later,
Bubonic ©
Brian Bubonic

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:50 pm

Brian Bubonic wrote:Looks like the entire album has made it to YouTube already...

It seems that everything eventually ends up on youtube nowadays. I guess that means that someone liked the album enough to take the time to upload it there.

Current Projects: A stack of tapes from Timothy, will be hopefully getting those finished soon! Lotsa upgrades to things that have been circulating for a while.
Cult Leader Lettuce

Postby yumcake » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:06 pm

Brian Bubonic wrote:Looks like the entire album has made it to YouTube already...

Who in their right mind listens to albums on Youtube?
yumcake

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:46 pm

yumcake wrote:

Who in their right mind listens to albums on Youtube?

I've always asked that same question. On the other hand, I do like being able to say to someone "hey, I like this band, you should check them out. Here's a link to one of their songs on youtube. You don't have to actually download anything, so you have no excuse not to check 'em out."

Cult Leader Lettuce

Postby ColinFez » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:50 pm

God, the King in Yellow is blowing my mind. It's much better than I dared to hope. I'm halfway through my third consecutive listen and am working on picking favorite tunes. I don't even miss the cursing.
ColinFez

Postby STH » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:03 am

Great album guys!

Hey Dandrew, the secret track on the Vinyl for Disco Volante is the same secret track that is on the CD version, but on the CD it's just played immediately after Carry Stress in the Jaw.

Anyway, back to the Milkmen.

What recording setup did you guys end up using? From a previous thread it seemed that you guys were considering different DAW software. Huge DM fan and somewhat of a audio recording junkie, would be very interested to hear any details of your setup!

Once again, you've done us proud!
STH

Postby LizardPrinceEros » Sun Mar 27, 2011 12:20 am

I never really realized that Stoney's was generally less liked than the other albums... I've always considered it just more great Milkmen tunes. I'm curious what the band thinks of the album though....
LizardPrinceEros

Postby 77 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 3:10 pm

it sounds just like stoneys... =/
i was hoping for a lil more rock!

ill probably buy it just to support you guys, i probably wont like it...

wouldnt want you guys to starve or anything

Postby LizardPrinceEros » Sun Mar 27, 2011 4:51 pm

77 wrote:it sounds just like stoneys... =/
i was hoping for a lil more rock!

I don't think it sounds like Stoney's at all......

Yet in defense of Stoney's, I woke up with Don't Deny Your Inner Child stuck in my head this morning. Had to play that album while I showered.
LizardPrinceEros

Postby psh » Mon Mar 28, 2011 8:40 am

LizardPrinceEros wrote:I never really realized that Stoney's was generally less liked than the other albums... I've always considered it just more great Milkmen tunes. I'm curious what the band thinks of the album though....

I've also always liked Stoney's. "Inner Child" is a great tune. "Blues Song" and "Peter Bazooka" are tremendous as well. The record that has been hardest for me to warm up to is Soul Rotation. After all these years, it's still the one that I listen to least.
psh

Postby kksuck2 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:52 pm

johnec wrote:I saw Dean post that the liner notes will be released soon. They will be available as a download from the site.

are they lurking anywhere yet? I've nosed around a little bit, but came up drier a cork cock in a convent.
kksuck2

PreviousNext

Return to Dead Milkmen