The King in Yellow is HERE!

Here's where you read, reply and post.

Moderators: Cult Leader Lettuce, Adict4DeadMilk, johnec

Postby psh » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:20 pm

Thanks for posting these. Surfin' Cow sounds fantastic. And Tacoland! Rodney, are you in the best shape of your life? Or maybe that black jacket is just slimming. Looking pretty light on your feet with all that pogoing in any case!
psh

Postby ScotTheRoc » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:47 pm

Thanks for the new album, guys! Just listening to some of the samples, it sounds like you've incorporated riffs from Paisley, Bucky, Beelzebubba, Stoney's, etc. Maybe even some from Burn With Burn. From what little I heard, I'm really digging 'She's Affected'.

When the CD is released can I buy it directly from this site???
ScotTheRoc

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:15 pm

What I'm interested in right now are if the band has a way of knowing how many people have bought the album from the site so far, and if so, how many have sold so far?
The unofficial archivist. Keep digitizing those old recordings everybody!

Current Projects: A stack of tapes from Timothy, will be hopefully getting those finished soon! Lotsa upgrades to things that have been circulating for a while.
Cult Leader Lettuce

Postby LizardPrinceEros » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:34 am

I see updates about the CD release, but a lot of us are still waiting on word about a vinyl.

Rodney, Dandrew, Dean.... Is a vinyl release being pursued or are all we krum bums just clinging on to our memories of the good ol' days of wax and needles?

(What am I talking about, I'm 21 years old...)
LizardPrinceEros

Postby The Tarantula » Tue Mar 22, 2011 1:35 am

Just gonna throw this in here... Please feel free to email me if you've got any tabs or lyrics or anything for the new album. I hope to get it before this weekend and have a little shot myself, but everything counts.

Yes the website needs an overhaul badly, so that will be coming too.

But tabs and lyrics! They're what's important.
It's alive! (nearly)
http://dmtabs.deadmilkmen.com
The Tarantula

Postby CzirDzir » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:52 am

CARS!
I really hope that someone recorded the show.
Pronounced: Sear Deer

Also feel free to send a request: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=633826473
CzirDzir

Postby dandrew » Tue Mar 22, 2011 8:59 am

LizardPrinceEros wrote:Rodney, Dandrew, Dean.... Is a vinyl release being pursued or are all we krum bums just clinging on to our memories of the good ol' days of wax and needles?

The latter.

Sorry. I really wanted a vinyl release, but sadly it is not to be.

SO STOP ASKING!!!!!!
dandrew

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:31 am

dandrew wrote:Sorry. I really wanted a vinyl release, but sadly it is not to be.

SO STOP ASKING!!!!!!

I hate to say this, but since the format never died in the world of punk rock, I don't think that people are going to stop asking anytime soon.

And there's going to be new people asking at least once a week.

That is, until their needs are met.

Because, you can't control the rock n rollers.

Current Projects: A stack of tapes from Timothy, will be hopefully getting those finished soon! Lotsa upgrades to things that have been circulating for a while.
Cult Leader Lettuce

Postby dandrew » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:10 am

ZING!

I know, Lettuce. I want people to stop asking because it is a constant reminder that it won't be out on vinyl (which, again, saddens me).
dandrew

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:22 am

dandrew wrote:ZING!

I know, Lettuce. I want people to stop asking because it is a constant reminder that it won't be out on vinyl (which, again, saddens me).

Though I think that if certain other band members are reminded of how many people actually want this, and that these are people who are coming here to say "I want to spend money on your band, I fucking love your band, and have loved your band for years," maybe they'll realize that sometimes it's best to give the fans what they want.

Cult Leader Lettuce

Postby Rodney » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:16 pm

So let me get this straight, people are upset because we’re willing to charge them ten bucks to buy our music on a virtually indestructible format which is not only portable, but can be easily shared with others, and we’re not willing to charge them twenty bucks to buy our music on an antiquated, environmentally un-friendly, easily damaged, non-portable medium, that’s only currently enjoying a resurgence in popularity because either A) Someone was spanking it to an episode of Madmen when their attention was drawn to the shiny round object (I precinct the next trend will be nostalgia for the days when white people got the entire front of the bus to themselves) or B) since mp3’s have allowed anybody to have an eclectic music collection, they no longer feel like special little snowflakes because anybody can have access to their precious b-sides.

If you don’t fall into either of the two aforementioned categories , then I’m sure you can understand that I don’t want to passively enable the idiots who do by jumping onto a tend that’ll disappear once Justin Beiber gives an interview about how his music can only be appreciated on vinyl.

Rather than disparage us for not taking your money for something that brings you no value, why not give us a modicum of credit for standing up to a ridiculous, wasteful trend?
Rodney

Postby Marshall » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:24 pm

Cult Leader Lettuce wrote:

Though I think that if certain other band members are reminded of how many people actually want this, and that these are people who are coming here to say "I want to spend money on your band, I fucking love your band, and have loved your band for years," maybe they'll realize that sometimes it's best to give the fans what they want.

The band is continuing to play shows (Brooklyn, Chicago coming up!). They're writing new (incredible) music. To me, they're giving fans what they want. As a fan, I could not be more satisfied. These guys ALWAYS deliver at shows, for the sake of those fans coming to see them. My only argument for vinyl would be to put more money in the bank from those who will buy it (which I don't think that's the band's collective goal at all). But that's not really a compelling reason.
Marshall

Postby Rodney » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:39 pm

Marshall wrote:
Cult Leader Lettuce wrote:

My only argument for vinyl would be to put more money in the bank from those who will buy it (which I don't think that's the band's collective goal at all). But that's not really a compelling reason.

And all I'm saying is that I'd rather have my principles than your money.
Rodney

Postby sparksfiend » Tue Mar 22, 2011 12:50 pm

I like records. It does suck that I can't have a complete Dead Milkmen collection on vinyl. I would give my right testicle to have Soul Rotation and Not Richard But Dick on vinyl... The Dead Milkmen have their own brand of nostalgia to them, they either make us remember the good times we think we had or let us put ourselves in a time we never got to live. But they're not living in the past, they're pushing forward with new material and aren't just playing the same old things from Big Lizard and Beelzebubba (Even though they should consider playing more songs from Beelzebubba). We need to respect this... and pray that we get another Dead Milkmen album... one that we don't have to wait another 15 years for.
"Do you know what it's like to be violated by a 300-pound Filipino skinhead named Gunther? It ain't no picnic!"
sparksfiend

PreviousNext

Return to Dead Milkmen