The King in Yellow is HERE!

Here's where you read, reply and post.

Moderators: Cult Leader Lettuce, Adict4DeadMilk, johnec

Postby Dirty Sanchez » Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:23 am

I never realized what a sick mind i have till joe made me mentally fill in the bleeps
Dirty Sanchez

Postby johnec » Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:49 am

I saw Dean post that the liner notes will be released soon. They will be available as a download from the site.
johnec

Postby Marshall » Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:04 am

Excellent album boys. And outstanding set last night! Nobody even came close to that performance. The new songs sounded great live too!
Marshall

Postby zachy2 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 1:38 pm

I am almost through listening to the new album. Very good stuff. Getting to listen to new Dead Milkmen is a rather rare experience. Hope the albums and shows keep coming!

Nice Tacoland video too. I can see myself.
zachy2

Postby doctor love » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:10 pm

I'm jealous. Gonna wait for the cd. I hope this album makes you guys millionaires. Much love and respect, your doctor.
happy cows give sour milk.
doctor love

Postby sparksfiend » Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:05 pm

Wow... Love the new album. I just don't think Solvents was a great song to end the album... I think Can't Relax or Commodify Your Dissent would have been better choices...

Great stuff guys... I really hope this isn't the last album. If you had half as much fun making this album as I did listening to it, I think you guys should continue playing and making music together.
"Do you know what it's like to be violated by a 300-pound Filipino skinhead named Gunther? It ain't no picnic!"
sparksfiend

Postby The Tarantula » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:30 am

Whoa, I wasn't expecting this. I gotta get on this when I'm back on my real computer.

:D
It's alive! (nearly)
http://dmtabs.deadmilkmen.com
The Tarantula

Postby dandrew » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:50 am

Glad you guys like it! It was an absolute blast to make.

And I thought the bleeps were "hope" and "nice," you sickos.
dandrew

Postby Rodney » Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:30 am

sparksfiend wrote:Wow... Love the new album. I just don't think Solvents was a great song to end the album... I think Can't Relax or Commodify Your Dissent would have been better choices...

The CD needed to end with Solvents because it kicks off with a song about a "King" and ends with a song about a woman who loses her crown.

And that is the only song link that I'm going to give away. You'll have to find all of the others yourselves.
Rodney

Postby deadfiller » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:31 pm

What a great way to start out the week! Love the new album. Not a step has been missed since '95. In fact, a few have been added. So far "Can't Relax" is my favorite track but I'm only on my 1st listen, so what the hell do I know?
deadfiller

Hangman

Postby gcbazooka » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:23 pm

Hangman is a brilliant song. I love the idea of making criminals play a game like Hangman to decide their fate. Stay in school kids!
gcbazooka

Postby BigTimeOperator » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:25 pm

Very cool thing to come home from vacation and find. Thank You!
Gather round me everybody
Let me tell you who I am...
BigTimeOperator

Postby N.Dorphins » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:30 pm

Are there any songs about heroin addiction or sodomy?

For every online purchase of the new album, fully $0.20 will be donated to the tendinitis research council.
"If you got a slave master or Klan in your blood, blacks can sense that, That stuff lingers to this day. Just like Jews can sense Nazi blood and the Serbs can sense Dave Blood."
-Robert Allen Zimmerman
N.Dorphins

Postby Rodney » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:07 pm

N.Dorphins wrote:Are there any songs about heroin addiction or sodomy?

For every online purchase of the new album, fully $0.20 will be donated to the tendinitis research council.

There are at least two songs about sodomy. None about heroin addiction. although meth gets a "shout out". Nora Jones gets admonished and Melora Creager gets praised. Eleanor Clift's bountiful intelligence is pointed out, as is the fact that Monica Crowley is a drooling idiot. Everything in the universe is held in balance by this one humble recording.
Rodney

PreviousNext

Return to Dead Milkmen