The Official Dead Milkmen and Related EBAY Thread

Here's where you read, reply and post.

Moderators: Cult Leader Lettuce, Adict4DeadMilk, johnec

Postby Marshall » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:09 pm

kksuck2 wrote:Image

I won this on ebay tonight - I was looking at the dimensions and wondering what kind of frame I'd need - its fucking HUGE - lol

my copy of NWA10 has yet to show up :cry:

I have one of those too, number 35/60. Mine was given to me backstage at that show though. :lol: It glows in the dark, looks awesome. Creepy, but awesome.
Marshall

Postby Marshall » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:10 pm

lithiumtom wrote:i bought the pin...cant wait to put it on my guitar strap yo!

Ah, I was the first bid on that item! Competition!
Marshall

Postby lithiumtom » Thu Feb 24, 2011 9:12 am

didnt get here yet but prolly will today
His grace is greater than all our sin.
lithiumtom

Postby Donno » Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:47 am

I have an item I'm planning on putting up on eBay, but I thought I'd come here first and see if any of youse would be interested before I did.

As some of you may know, I did the album cover artwork for all 3 Low Budgets albums. After the first album I also painted a tour poster that ended up not being used.

So up for sale is the ORIGINAL PAINTING for the Low Budget's tour poster. It's 11"x17" on cold pressed Strathmore watercolor paper. It's been stored flat in a pet and smoke-free environment since it was created in 2003. I'll roll it for shipping, if need be.

If you're interested, send me an email at donno13@hotmail.com and we can talk price. If not, I'll be putting it on eBay next week.

Pic:

Rock on,
Donno

Oh, also, I have a few other (non-DM) items I'll be putting up- a rare English TMBG 10" single, autographed by John and John, some Sheppard Fairey (sp?) signed and numbered prints from the X and Henry Rollins Band tour (2006?), some Rocky Horror Picture Show memorabilia, etc... If anyone here is interested, I'd rather sell it to you (comission free) than some stranger on ebay...
Let Stand No Dance Leg Quiet.
Donno

Postby dandrew » Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:31 pm

WHAT?!? Why on Earth did we not use that?!?! I never even knew it existed! Oh man. Beautiful job (as usual) Donno. Is it too late to use it now?
dandrew

Postby valurocker » Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:47 pm

i love this poster, the reason i think it didnt get used is because the people paying for the record had their own poster and thats what was pushed to use at the time.

donno. i want this, im emailing you!
if you cant behave you should stay in your cave
valurocker

Postby kksuck2 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 7:40 pm

Marshall wrote:
kksuck2 wrote:
I won this on ebay tonight - I was looking at the dimensions and wondering what kind of frame I'd need - its fucking HUGE - lol

my copy of NWA10 has yet to show up :cry:

I have one of those too, number 35/60. Mine was given to me backstage at that show though. :lol: It glows in the dark, looks awesome. Creepy, but awesome.

Mine is 45/60 I still have it in the shipped packaging because I've been slow to get a frame for it - had no idea it glows in the dark - cool :)

Donno wrote:I have an item I'm planning on putting up on eBay, but I thought I'd come here first and see if any of youse would be interested before I did.

As some of you may know, I did the album cover artwork for all 3 Low Budgets albums. After the first album I also painted a tour poster that ended up not being used.

So up for sale is the ORIGINAL PAINTING for the Low Budget's tour poster. It's 11"x17" on cold pressed Strathmore watercolor paper. It's been stored flat in a pet and smoke-free environment since it was created in 2003. I'll roll it for shipping, if need be.

If you're interested, send me an email at donno13@hotmail.com and we can talk price. If not, I'll be putting it on eBay next week.

Pic:

Rock on,
Donno

Oh, also, I have a few other (non-DM) items I'll be putting up- a rare English TMBG 10" single, autographed by John and John, some Sheppard Fairey (sp?) signed and numbered prints from the X and Henry Rollins Band tour (2006?), some Rocky Horror Picture Show memorabilia, etc... If anyone here is interested, I'd rather sell it to you (comission free) than some stranger on ebay...

I'm interested in buying this - it would look great on my wall - I'll email you about now :)
kksuck2

Postby Marshall » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:11 pm

So it seems, I get to be hypocritical and offer a few things here to the FFA, as I'm doing some much-needed house cleaning and resigning to rid myself of lots of things. Get at me if anyone is interested in the following:
• That cow mask poster like above from Halloween 2009 (19"x 25" - I'm never gonna break down to frame it)
• A promo magnet from the same show
• Soul Rotation promo globe yo-yo
• 11"x17" poster of Friday 13th, August 2010 Joe Jack Talcum tour we were on (same tour I met Lettuce!) (I'll try to get a picture of it, nifty)
• 18"x 24" Bucky Fellini album promo poster
• A t-shirt from 2009 (or 2010?) from a benefit show the Milkmen played at The Tritone (it's a fine shirt, with a list of the bands that played the show, I just can't wear it because of a little OCD thing I have that I can't explain). At this show Rodney bolstered the fund raising by playing a set of songs on request for $ donations. (if I recall, they did not play Jellyfish Heaven)

Also, if anyone is a Daniel Johnston fan, I have a signed print and a few magazines with interviews from a few years ago.

Aaaaaaand I'm off for a meeting...
Marshall

Postby Brian Bubonic » Tue Mar 29, 2011 5:27 pm

How much do you want for the mask/poster?
Later,
Bubonic ©
Brian Bubonic

Postby BStaff24 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:54 pm

Hey Marshall I would be interested in the Soul Rotation yo-yo and the Joe Jack poster, how much were you looking for?
BStaff24

Postby Marshall » Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:25 pm

BStaff24 wrote:Hey Marshall I would be interested in the Soul Rotation yo-yo and the Joe Jack poster, how much were you looking for?

I hadn't thought that far into it yet. Honestly you can shoot me an offer you think is fair, I'd rather get these items to other fans (but I guess putting them on eBay would procure fans as well, or maybe disgruntled music listeners who want to break the stuff or something). I feel bad having had this stuff sitting around doing no service to anyone and I am on a mission to lighten the load and save my soul perhaps. My email is otterwhere (AT) gmail (dot) commies.

Mr. Bubonic, forgive me, did we not meet at Beerland, after FFFFest when Joe played a solo show and DJ Jester opened? I feel we did. I sort of remember a plastic dinosaur or colorful eyewear or something in the equation of our meeting.

Send me an email and we can arrange the exchange. I forgot to mention, the poster also has still attached to the back an elastic string, should you decide to cut out the mask and wear it. I personally would rather look at it. I wonder if anyone did end up cutting one up? Huh.
Marshall

Postby kksuck2 » Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:38 pm

Marshall wrote: the poster also has still attached to the back an elastic string, should you decide to cut out the mask and wear it. I personally would rather look at it. I wonder if anyone did end up cutting one up? Huh.

That's what's that's for. I didn't even realize it was elastic
kksuck2

Postby Brian Bubonic » Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:27 pm

Marshall wrote:
BStaff24 wrote:Hey Marshall I would be interested in the Soul Rotation yo-yo and the Joe Jack poster, how much were you looking for?

Mr. Bubonic, forgive me, did we not meet at Beerland, after FFFFest when Joe played a solo show and DJ Jester opened? I feel we did. I sort of remember a plastic dinosaur or colorful eyewear or something in the equation of our meeting.

Hey Marshall - yup that was me. I had a rubber shark and a fake mustache that were given to me by a Texas Roller Derby Captain and I was probably wearing green eyeglasses. I'll shoot you an e-mail about the poster.
Later,
Bubonic ©
Brian Bubonic

Postby Marshall » Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:39 pm

Brian Bubonic wrote:
Marshall wrote:

Hey Marshall - yup that was me. I had a rubber shark and a fake mustache that were given to me by a Texas Roller Derby Captain and I was probably wearing green eyeglasses. I'll shoot you an e-mail about the poster.

Ah then! I remember now. Not surprising a roller girl would come up with something like that. I used to be involved with roller derby, alas no longer. Never met the TX team though.
Marshall

Postby chrisnourcan » Thu Mar 31, 2011 10:19 pm

Here's a ridiculous ebay for everyone to laugh at. Even if it's real the price is nuts. Grrrrr. Should we ask him a lot of questions and bug the crap out of him? It's the most expensive shirt he is selling. wtf.

http://cgi.ebay.com/VTG-80s-DEAD-MILKME ... 45f75c779c
chrisnourcan

PreviousNext

Return to Dead Milkmen