[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Dead Milkmen Free For All • View topic - The Official Dead Milkmen and Related EBAY Thread

The Official Dead Milkmen and Related EBAY Thread

Here's where you read, reply and post.

Moderators: Cult Leader Lettuce, Adict4DeadMilk, johnec

The Official Dead Milkmen and Related EBAY Thread

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:50 pm

The unofficial archivist. Keep digitizing those old recordings everybody!

Current Projects: A stack of tapes from Timothy, will be hopefully getting those finished soon! Lotsa upgrades to things that have been circulating for a while.
Cult Leader Lettuce

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:19 pm

Current Projects: A stack of tapes from Timothy, will be hopefully getting those finished soon! Lotsa upgrades to things that have been circulating for a while.
Cult Leader Lettuce

Postby Mr.Alex » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:45 pm

Lettuce this is an amazing idea. I am glad you put this thread up, apparently ebays becoming obsessed with the deadmilkmen.
"Do you ever go to make a pork sausage, and find that it's got hairs all over it?"
Mr.Alex

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:20 pm

The old Got Milkmen? poster. I think this was something you could get if you sent in something when the Death Rides A Pale Cow comp CD came out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/DEAD-MILKMEN-Origin ... 286.c0.m14

Handbill from a 1986 show. The price isn't the best, but honestly it isn't bad either. If this is your sorta collectible thing, go for it!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dead-Milkmen-Poster ... .m20.l1116

Cult Leader Lettuce

Postby BigTimeOperator » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:24 pm

BigTimeOperator

Postby doctor love » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:03 am

happy cows give sour milk.
doctor love

Postby BigTimeOperator » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:28 pm

BigTimeOperator

Postby CzirDzir » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:10 pm

CzirDzir

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:10 pm

Oh wow. This is something that I'm not familiar with. This appears to be a 6 song sampler of songs from Big Lizard dating back to the mid 80's. Take a look, bid if you want to... but be wary until one of the milkmen sees and verifies that this indeed is legit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEAD-MILKMEN-sample ... 2ea912dbee

edit: Talked to Joe, he says that it's legit, and that it's Dean's handwriting. Good luck bidding to whoever may be interested.

Cult Leader Lettuce

hmmm...

Postby mrclean » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:22 pm

yeah - looks like my hand writing. I confess to not remembering it but I bet we put those together to mail out to the scene report folks in Maximum Rock 'n Roll to get gigs on our first tour in 1985...before the actual LP came out.

It is rare.
mrclean
Site Admin

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:47 pm

Cult Leader Lettuce

Postby pushtoreject » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:02 pm

Well now, I'm curious. This is the demo tape from ebay. The cover seems photocopied and cut out like a bunch of these were made, which would make sense, but I'm wondering if anyone recognizes the handwriting on the tape?
Cool stuff, thanks for the heads up and info! BTW whomever bid against me matched my bid...so close...and I was freaking out because I wasn't home to defend my bid either...You may not be so lucky... :D
I will not pick my feet prior to picking my nose a third time.
pushtoreject

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:20 pm

Good win! Are all the versions the Big Lizard versions?

Also, I like the laptop.

Cult Leader Lettuce

Postby pushtoreject » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:39 pm

Big lizard in my laptop...
Good eyes, but you'll notice mine's the one that came with the fake Napoleon instead of the real lizard. If I had known the Napoleon was going to be fake I would have definitely gone with the lizard model. Duh, I hate that.
so has your screen's inverter gone out yet? I just had to replace mine. I kept sticking a flash light up to it and reading what I could for a week waiting for the part. Fortunately it was a cheap part and an easy fix. Just got it(the tape) and about to pop it in (again, the tape). I'll edit this post and let you know shortly!

edit: Okay! That blanket is the color of cozy! but I digress. Yes they are all Big Lizard versions. It sounds like it came off the record like it says. You can even hear at the beginning the recorder start and the needle hit the record I believe. But the rest is seamless so I don't know. It has good, but an odd quality to it.

bonus edit: CCL: the inverter part # is PK070018120 it was 12 bucks brand new with free shipping on ebay, ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0400226846 ) I got my laptop from my brother, thanks for the tips on the clean out, I need memory too, this only has 1/2 a gig. :( hope you see this, I didn't want to do a new post for it :)
Last edited by pushtoreject on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
I will not pick my feet prior to picking my nose a third time.
pushtoreject

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:48 am

Haha, great picture!

No, never had a problem with the screen inverter thankfully. I got this machine in used condition from a friend a few months ago for a low price because it had some issues (fortunately I knew about most of the issues already as I had been using this machine off and on ever since he bought it). An overheating issue was quickly fixed by taking out the fans and completely cleaning out the airflow passageways. Unfortunately the harddrive was also going out, but I had a smaller older hdd lying around which is currently working out well until I can get another larger drive. All I need is a battery and more memory (already have it at a gig with a 512 I had, but I'd like to get it up to 1.5 if I can) and it'll be completely up and running like I want it to be.

So, are screen inverters an issue with these models? If so, how much did you have to pay for yours?

Also, to keep on the topic, good job winning that tape pushtoreject, and good job winning the Now We Are 10 CD kksuck2! Hopefully I'll have something good to post on here soon (keep a watch on ebay guys, there's a few cheap copies of the out of print Joe Jack Home Recordings CD, and I saw an Aussie "Thing That Only Eats Hippies" 7" and a copy of the If I Had A Gun EP. Nothing too rare though, but next time I see something amazingly rare, I'll be posting it!

edit: That blanket is the color and the feeling of cozy! I picked it up at goodwill a few years back, and it always comes out in the winter. My only complaint is that it always leaves little green fuzzballs all over everything, but that's no problem... who cares when it's cuddly and warm.

Anyways, it makes sense that they're all big lizard versions, although it would have been cool if they were older takes. That's definitely a very unique item there, and will be a very good addition to your collection!

I think the only time I saw anything older than that was many years ago when I saw a copy of Funky Farm on ebay. I forget how much that went for as it was many many years ago. Don't think I've seen anything else that old since though.

Cult Leader Lettuce

Next

Return to Dead Milkmen