What are you listening to?

Moderators: Cult Leader Lettuce, Adict4DeadMilk, johnec

Postby Adict4DeadMilk » Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:35 pm

You have to take the fifth street sewers it's your only hope.
When in doubt fuck it. When not in doubt, get in doubt.
Adict4DeadMilk

Postby Mr.Alex » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:00 pm

RDUIMENTARY PENI
"Do you ever go to make a pork sausage, and find that it's got hairs all over it?"
Mr.Alex

Postby Eve-Lau » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:05 pm

Woah. Seriously, Alex, man, you HAVE to listen to Nomeansno.

HAVE to.

Don't wait. Do it now. NOW.
Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.
Eve-Lau

Postby Mr.Alex » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:08 pm

Oh yeah! Shit who are they? I'll do a search right now, but you gotta listen to Rudimentary Peni kay?
"Do you ever go to make a pork sausage, and find that it's got hairs all over it?"
Mr.Alex

Postby Mr.Alex » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:11 pm

Holy Crap Eve!!!
You have AMAZING taste in music!!
Mr.Alex

Postby Eve-Lau » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:27 am

Mr.Alex wrote:Holy Crap Eve!!!
You have AMAZING taste in music!!

... I know that!!

(ps- I recommended Nomeansno after seeing you liked rudimentary peni. I know my weird-punk-rock, kid! :lol: )
Eve-Lau

Postby Eve-Lau » Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:34 am

Oh yeah, and if you like Nomeansno and the Milkmen, you should definitely check out The Showbusiness Giants. They are Tom Holliston's (of Nomeansno) side project / previous band. They are quite a mix of different types of music but with always weird, funny lyrics brilliantly delivered by Mr. Holliston. I strongly recommend the album Let's Have a Talk With the Dead.

You're welcome.
Eve-Lau

Postby Mr.Alex » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:51 pm

Eve is my new best friend on the Ffa :D
Mr.Alex

Postby Eve-Lau » Tue Oct 20, 2009 10:32 am

Mr.Alex wrote:Eve is my new best friend on the Ffa :D

You had another FFA best friend before??? :shock:

No but seriously, there are phases in my life where the showbiz giants are absolutely my favourite band. I once told Ford, a member of the band, that I loved inside jokes I wasn't a part of and he said "well then this really is the band for you!".

Speaking of Ford, he's a great singer and played in most Vancouver area bands over the years. Do you know DOA? He was in DOA for a little while. (Album called The Black Spot).

Here is Ford playing with his band, the Ford Pier Vengeance Trio :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdTvNLGRNxc

And here is Ford playing one of his song like he had a full band backing him up : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JE5DPSCWFzA

And here is the only video of the Showbiz Giants that I am aware of :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4RFhoQKPoY
Eve-Lau

Postby Alcoholocaust » Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:37 am

I'm on a big Kyuss kick. Its all good and fun when you learn to ignore the terrible singing.
Also, a lot of mudhoney.

as of right now, I'm listening to an Audiobook, because I am bad at sitting down and finishing books. Good listener though. Its book 8 in the Sookie Stackhouse series-- listening to fluffy romance novels on audiobook has to be the saddest thing.
Alcoholocaust

Postby Mr.Alex » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:21 am

Hey, at least you don't have to pay for hbo, do tell. Are the novels better than the show?
Mr.Alex

Postby Alcoholocaust » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:05 am

I like the show a little more. Bill and Eric are better on the show than in the book. But Book Sookie is way better than Show Sookie.

And you don't get a lot of the fun supporting character arcs in the book like you do in the show. No Jason and Andy Hijinks or Hoyt and Jessica in the books.
Alcoholocaust

Postby Mr.Alex » Wed Nov 04, 2009 11:43 pm

Ohh.

That's a fair trade then Dude.

Oh and for the thread post

BAD BRAINS
Mr.Alex

Postby mags » Fri Nov 06, 2009 10:36 am

[quote="Alcoholocaust"]I'm on a big Kyuss kick. Its all good and fun when you learn to ignore the terrible singing.
Also, a lot of mudhoney.

as of right now, I'm listening to an Audiobook, because I am bad at sitting down and finishing books. Good listener though. Its book 8 in the Sookie Stackhouse series-- listening to fluffy romance novels on audiobook has to be the saddest thing.[/quote]

I listen to Audio Books all the time, my dad had stacks of them because he lost his sight and they were really the only pleasures he had , so we bought him loads , after he died there were a ton I'd not even heard of let alone listened to so i'm still working my way througfh the pile.
I've wound up listening to authours I'd never have picked out , like Wilbur smith, and jack higgins, thing I've noticed is , if its well written even if its not your usual subject matter personally , it becomes very listenable to.
Not heard of the sookie stackhouse series though, do you recomend it ?
mags

Postby Alcoholocaust » Sat Nov 07, 2009 1:05 am

Its a fluffy romance mystery series with a bunch of supernatural boners trying to get inside a telepathic barmaids fairy-castle.

So if you aren't too squeamish about vampire sex and werewolf boners its all good and a nice way to pass the time when you get sick of super serious books. It was a welcomed change of pace after listening to The Prince.
Alcoholocaust

PreviousNext

Return to Thee Mega Thread