You know what the coolest thing is that could ever happen?

Moderators: Cult Leader Lettuce, Adict4DeadMilk, johnec

You know what the coolest thing is that could ever happen?

Postby Tommy Boy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:22 am

I think it would be so sweet if the Dead Milkmen remastered Big Lizard In My Backyard. I know it could never happen, but it would be cool to hear it now, after all of their years of experience. I was looking at how Megadeth remastered a lot of their albums, and how Green Day remastered 1,039/Smoothed Out Slappy Hours and this just popped in my head, that would be like a dream come true :D
Hey, Nathan, let's chat...
Tommy Boy

Postby Adict4DeadMilk » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:59 am

I like that idea however I think it would be better if they diversified. Maybe make a hit c.d. not too dissimilar with death rides a pale cow or cream of the crop. If they put in the work remastering their music I would like to see a wider array. Maybe slightly alternate some NRBD or soul rotation songs and put those into circulation.
When in doubt fuck it. When not in doubt, get in doubt.
Adict4DeadMilk

Postby Tommy Boy » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:16 am

yeah that's a good idea, and maybe throw in some brand new and unreleased stuff, and have around 21 songs on it like Big Lizard In My Backyard.
Hey, Nathan, let's chat...
Tommy Boy

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:13 am

Naw, I like how some bands are remastering albums now and adding demo tracks and rarities after the main albuum. I really think that would be a cool thing (imagine a re-release of Not Richard with all the unreleased demo tracks).
The unofficial archivist. Keep digitizing those old recordings everybody!

Current Projects: A stack of tapes from Timothy, will be hopefully getting those finished soon! Lotsa upgrades to things that have been circulating for a while.
Cult Leader Lettuce

better idea

Postby sparksfiend » Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:14 pm

That would be awesome if they remastered Soul Rotation and Not Richard But Dick, that way the cd's songs could be in circulation... they may have to rename the songs but it would still be super cool
"Do you know what it's like to be violated by a 300-pound Filipino skinhead named Gunther? It ain't no picnic!"
sparksfiend

Postby The Tarantula » Wed Jan 21, 2009 3:06 am

Cult Leader Lettuce wrote:Naw, I like how some bands are remastering albums now and adding demo tracks and rarities after the main albuum. I really think that would be a cool thing (imagine a re-release of Not Richard with all the unreleased demo tracks).

This is the only way to go.
It's alive! (nearly)
http://dmtabs.deadmilkmen.com
The Tarantula

Return to Thee Mega Thread