Cinderella
No votes
Fantasia
18%
Who gives a rats ass!
55%

Total votes : 11

Postby doctor love » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:07 am

I'm sorry about that. Something said "debug error" and said it didnt understand any of the words in the message, so I tried to send it again, and again. I guess it worked the first time. I will delete them when I am less sleepy.
happy cows give sour milk.
doctor love

Postby MangTheGoat » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:48 am

The other night I got to see 7/8ths of Krrish, the Indian superhero movie.

Unfortunately, the last reel of the film was attached upside down, so it was pretty tough to read the subtitles and the sound was backwards. Luckily, they gave us passes to another screening of it, and we will see it again next week.

I have a feeling my new appreciation for Bollywood is going to cost me big time in dvd purchases.

"Nobody likes a quitter. Nobody said that life was easy, so if you get knocked down, take the standing 8 count, get back up and fight again and you're a Macho Maniac. Dig it!" -Macho Man Randy Savage
MangTheGoat

Postby mags » Thu Jun 29, 2006 10:04 am

MangTheGoat wrote:The other night I got to see 7/8ths of Krrish, the Indian superhero movie.

Unfortunately, the last reel of the film was attached upside down, so it was pretty tough to read the subtitles and the sound was backwards. Luckily, they gave us passes to another screening of it, and we will see it again next week.

I have a feeling my new appreciation for Bollywood is going to cost me big time in dvd purchases.

I so wish I'd seen that mang, an upside down Bollywood extraviganza with backwards sound must be closest thing to the true Bollywood experience , In the grand traditon of indian filmshows, back before the creation of the multi plex, films where shown in villages out in the open in india,and such creative touches as a backward reels and more where part of the show, often the sound was from one film and the action another, I love it when things take off one there own agenda :D
mags

Postby MangTheGoat » Fri Jun 30, 2006 5:42 am

I'm going to see Krrish again today after work, and I'll get to see how it ends. Man I'm looking forward to 5:30 today.

I think on Sunday, I'm taking my Dad to see Superman Returns.
"Nobody likes a quitter. Nobody said that life was easy, so if you get knocked down, take the standing 8 count, get back up and fight again and you're a Macho Maniac. Dig it!" -Macho Man Randy Savage
MangTheGoat

Postby MangTheGoat » Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:33 am

doctor love wrote:I saw Superman Returns tonight. I didn't like it. The opposite of the first X-men movie in my opinion (X-men: good drama, bad action; Superman Returns: bad drama..actually little to no drama, awesome action).

I took my Dad to see it this weekend. I really didn't care about seeing it, because Superman is an asshole. He has all these powers of flying, strength, xray vision, laser vision and he's bulletproof. And his weakness is Kryptonite, something the average schmo can pick up and move out of the way for him. He sucks.

Well, maybe I have issues with Superman in general. When I was 5 or 6, I was at a party and a paid actor Superman showed up. With a beard. A freakin' beard. I don't know, but 20+ years later, it still pisses me off. I need to find that picture.

And I probably won't watch Superman Returns again either.
MangTheGoat

Postby BigTimeOperator » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:29 pm

Here is a blog I did about Superman Returns and how I felt about it:

The name of the movie is Superman Returns, but what Mr. X saw on the screen was anything but a return. It was more like a welcome. A welcome to a new kind of super hero. A hero Mr. X does not think the earth is ready for. A homosexual super hero.

If you have not heard the biggest rumor right now is that the actor who portrays Superman in the newest movie is a bigger flame than Elton John. This surprises everyone but Mr. X who recalls seeing this new Superman in his first ever acting gig, a long forgotten MTV show called Undressed. Mr. X remembers watching him making out with another guy on the show. It was then and there Mr. X knew this man is not just gay, he was queer.

Now Mr. X needs to address something real quickly because he does have several gay friends, many of who are in his Top friends lists. Mr. X has NOTHING AGAINST people who are gay. That is perfectly fine with Mr. X. Mr. X does have a problem with queers. Especially those who want to portray iconic figures such as Superman.

Now many of you might remember X-Men 2. In that movie one of the most memorable characters was Nightcrawler who brilliantly portrayed by Alan Cumming (ha ha ha Mr. X said Cumming). Alan Cumming (he said it again) for those of you who dont know is gay. Why does Mr. X bring this up? Because Alan Cumming is gay, not a flaming queer who dresses in his mommies clothes like Brandon Routh, the actor who play Superman.

A gay Superman? Mr. X has no problem with that. A Flaming Superman that welcomes a Kryptonite vibrator up his super butt while listening to Barbara Streisand tunes on his iPod. Yeah, that kind of bothers Mr. X a little bit.

Hollywood has a way of changing things, thinking when they change them they change them for the better. Take the Box-Office Flop Daredevil. In it the evil character known as King Pin, who is usually a fat lil chubby white guy was replaced with a large muscular black man. Did they think generations of comic book readers would over look that?

Comic Book Movies are a sacred thing. When Hollywood casts the stars for them, they need to remember what they look like and how they act in the comic books. But Hollywood doesnt think that way. Hollywood sees it something like this:

Okay we are casting for the role of Aquaman. Aquaman in the comics had long blonde hair and a flowing beard. Lets casts a Mexican in that role. Its perfect. I smell Oscar.

Then they wonder why the movie flops.

The America Movie going audience hates change. You cant cast a Blackman for a white role, nor can you cast a white man for a black role. Imagine if they remade Boyz N The Hood and took out Cuba Gooding Jr. and replaced him with Keanu Reeves. Would the movie still be the same? Hell no, it would totally suck llama dick.

Now back to the main point. Just because an actor is gay doesnt make him a bad actor. There are plenty of talented gay musicians, actors and artists in the world. But casting a flame as Superman takes away from the spirit of the film. It is so obvious Superman is gay it sidetracks the viewers. While Mr. X was walking out of the theater most people uttered things like Okay, I believe the rumors about Superman, or They should have had kiss Lex Luther, it would have been more believable.

If anyone in Hollywood is reading this please take note. We live in a society that is very accepting. We have accepted people of all races, sexes, colors, sexual preference and backgrounds. But you cannot sit there and think anyone who is an actor can fill in any role Hollywood has to offer. That is just not right. If a character is supposed to be black, do not cast a Hispanic or Asian in his place. It pisses off the movie going public. When we go to the movies, we look for the familiar and are scared away when we see something different. Most people still havent forgotten about Jodie Foster not being in Hannibal. Sure Julianne Moore is a great actress, but it wasnt the same thing. We dont forget those things.

Mr. X knows they are filming a remake of the Rodney Dangerfield classic Back To School right now as we speak with an all black casts. Please do not touch something a sacred as that movie. Leave well enough alone.

Hollywood wonders why ticket sales are down and why people are staying in on Friday nights. Maybe it is because no one wants to see The Martin Luther King Jr. Story starring Al Pachino as Martin Luther King Jr. Great actor, but just not freaken right.

Get it? Got it! Good!
Alright? Thanks for playing and as always...
Ba-Bye!!!
Gather round me everybody
Let me tell you who I am...
BigTimeOperator

Postby Creepy_Old_Goat » Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:02 pm

Mr. X is so COOL!
"Goat milk?" ~Goaty
Member# 15! :D
Creepy_Old_Goat

Postby mags » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:32 pm

Mr X certainly raises some interesting points, I'm not sure i quite understand the Gay/Queer thing as over here its the same thing,
but then we have camp which is the overt display of homosexuality, and is very contrived,
done well with a certain flair for entertainment it can be very amuseing, but the Amateur street versions acted out in pubs and clubs all over the place, is usually pointlessly unfunny,
and in your face rude, it panders to stereotypeing and thats something that annoys me, if i can get through an evening in company with out feeling the need to force my sexual prefernces into the conversation with arch cliches then I feel that so should the rest of society, but hey thats just my opinion,
back to the film review, its like the old cliche about nudeity in films for me ,if being homosexual is essential to the character and plot then theirs no argument but if its gratuitous then why is it there?
I've yet to see Superman so I'm just baseing all this on Mr X's review and not as yet commenting on the film. :)
mags

Postby Donno » Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:56 am

Remember in that stupid Batman movie, when they made Harvey Dent- a white
dude- be Billy Dee Williams? I thought, "oh, ok, they're setting it up to have a
black villan in a sequel, right?" I thought it was lame, but the movie sucked ass in
so many other ways, I was willing to overlook it.

UNTIL the sequel where Harvey Dent becomes Two Face actually came out... and
he was played by Tommy Lee Jones! WHAT THE FUCK!?! Did Hollywood
suddenly get scared thatthey might be seen as villifying blacks, so they went back
to a white dude to play the bad guy that H.D. becomes? Or did they just (very
correctly) think that the average movie goer is a tard who probably wouldn't even
remember that Lando Calrissian was the District Attorney in that other movie?

Um, it bugged me, is all I'm saying....
Let Stand No Dance Leg Quiet.
Donno

Postby BigTimeOperator » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:26 pm

Funny you should mention Harvey Dent. In the first version of my blog I actually used that as an example then changed it when I remembered Kingpin, which upset me more because thye just didn't change his color, they changed his Physical features. Kingpin was fat and Chubby. In the movie he was built like a brick shit house.
Gather round me everybody
Let me tell you who I am...
BigTimeOperator

Postby xfoo » Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:44 pm

did Scanner Darkly actually come out?

also i've read that, in test screenings of clerks 2, people that went in on wheelchairs could walk again by the time the movie was over
xfoo

Postby Satoshi-kun » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:09 am

mags wrote: back to the film review, its like the old cliche about nudeity in films for me ,if being homosexual is essential to the character and plot then theirs no argument but if its gratuitous then why is it there?

Here are my thoughts on this matter:(this has nothing to do with the superman movie which I haven't to this date seen)

If a director were to make a movie with white people wearing black-face and eating watermelons, that would be racist, right?

Well, how come that hetersexual actors are allowed to play stereotypical gay characters in movies and noone shouts "homophobism?"

I am an advocate for equal treatment for all people, not just for some. I believe that the fact that people truely don't give a fuck about some minority groups is setting humanity back to the fucking stone ages. Religion and assholes are responsible for the fact that not all people in this world are still treated equally, while others are treated with kid gloves.

WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THE MATTER WITH THIS WORLD!
Welcome to the world that we live in.....
...gonna make you flip your wig.
-husker du-

The voices in my head are usually either subtitled or poorly dubbed.
Satoshi-kun

Postby MangTheGoat » Tue Jul 18, 2006 11:32 am

xfoo wrote:did Scanner Darkly actually come out?

It is in the independent theaters. I saw it and conked out, but I was really tired. There was a great argument about a bicycle that ruled, though.

I'm looking forward to Clerks II.
MangTheGoat

Postby mags » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:04 pm

Satoshi-kun wrote:
mags wrote: back to the film review, its like the old cliche about nudeity in films for me ,if being homosexual is essential to the character and plot then theirs no argument but if its gratuitous then why is it there?

Here are my thoughts on this matter:(this has nothing to do with the superman movie which I haven't to this date seen)

If a director were to make a movie with white people wearing black-face and eating watermelons, that would be racist, right?

Well, how come that hetersexual actors are allowed to play stereotypical gay characters in movies and noone shouts "homophobism?"

I am an advocate for equal treatment for all people, not just for some. I believe that the fact that people truely don't give a fuck about some minority groups is setting humanity back to the fucking stone ages. Religion and assholes are responsible for the fact that not all people in this world are still treated equally, while others are treated with kid gloves.

WHAT IN THE FUCK IS THE MATTER WITH THIS WORLD!

Well erm over here we do shout "Homophobia" , its a charge thats levelled often at import TV such as "Will and Grace" but as the nation that made the groundbreaking series "Queer as Folk" which was a Drama series about Gay men and featured gay sex as never seen on main stream TV, I think the attitude UK wise is very equal on issues of sexuality , were we fall down is with Racism, no matter what the legislation there is still a very heavy unspoken racist feeling, you could be lesbian gay Bi what ever and walk arround london with no more worries than a hetro, but try that if your non caucasian, and it would be a different story, currently the UK's version of Big Brother is running and the big talking point is a girl in the house who is white and very in to west indian culture, that has polorised peoples opinions of her in a way thats breathtakingly ugly.
mags

Postby MangTheGoat » Thu Jul 20, 2006 5:31 pm

This weekend, I plan to see the following movies:

Clerks II
Lady in the Water
Monster House
My Super ex-Girlfriend

I will not give an explanation for any of these choices right now as I am tired, but I will give a review when I get the chance.

On the Indian movie front, I am excited that the local theater is getting a movie called "Golmaal", which according to the poster, is "FUN unlimited!"

Want to see how crappy my cell phone camera is?
Here is a picture of my big fat head mixed in with the Golmaal poster:

Man that looks real.
MangTheGoat

PreviousNext

Return to Dead Milkmen