Cinderella
No votes
Fantasia
18%
Who gives a rats ass!
55%

Total votes : 11

Postby MangTheGoat » Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:15 am

To make up for my damage to the environment today from taking low emission public transportation to a charity event, I am going to see Al Gore's An Inconvenient Truth. I am usually a fan of documentaries and don't make it into the city too often, so might as well go while I can.

If it sucks, I am seeing Lucky Number Slevin one more time at the Quincy $2.50 theater after I get back from the city.
"Nobody likes a quitter. Nobody said that life was easy, so if you get knocked down, take the standing 8 count, get back up and fight again and you're a Macho Maniac. Dig it!" -Macho Man Randy Savage
MangTheGoat

Postby Adict4DeadMilk » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:04 am

Speaking of al gore has anyone seen the recent south park with him? This is manbearpig half man half bear and half pig or possibly hafl man and half bearpig.
When in doubt fuck it. When not in doubt, get in doubt.
Adict4DeadMilk

Postby MangTheGoat » Tue Jun 13, 2006 7:08 am

I have a sneak preview pair of passes to "Nacho Libre" tomorrow night. Even if it turns out to be terrible, it was free.

The $2.50 theater in Quincy occassionally plays Indian movies. My friend Lenny and I saw a poster for one, that looked like we had to see, called "Phir Hera Pheri".

I have no clue what it's about, however, if it is anything like the poster, it has to be awesome.

Tonight, I'm going to be watching an Indian movie called "Koi... Mil Gaya"
which is supposedly a sci-fi alien superhero, romantic comedy adventure.

Check out the trailer:
http://film.virgin.net/player/play.asp?url=/film/fid2705/trailers/trid1086/wm/high.asx&filmid=2705&partner=virgin&sec=trl

It gets ridiculous at the one minute mark.
"Nobody likes a quitter. Nobody said that life was easy, so if you get knocked down, take the standing 8 count, get back up and fight again and you're a Macho Maniac. Dig it!" -Macho Man Randy Savage
MangTheGoat

Postby mags » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:41 am

I love indian films you can't tear me away from a good Bollywood movie, last year a tv channel ran a series of 1960s/70s, Indian films and they were fantastically off beat and sureal the plotlines involved sureal arguments mostly about who owned which goat or woman or some such trivial matter, elevated to complex high art, they were all in either Hindi or Gudjrati language wise, but because the indian population has such a mix of differing languages and dialects all the films were very visual and kind of ham acted which just added to their charm, you didn't need to understand a word it was all acted out for you, naturally most problems when aproached Bollywood style can be happily resolved by a dance off,
Of only real life were like that.
mags

Postby MangTheGoat » Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:41 am

Koi... Mil Gaya was incredible.

There was everything you could ever want in a movie in that thing. Action, drama, comedy, aliens, and romance with a beautiful Indian actress named Preity Zinta.

My friend Lenny and I were watching it, and one of our friends, Dan, came by in the middle of the movie during a song about how the alien's magic was a good thing. He was like "wtf is this?" It was great because we never explained it. Oh yeah, then he said, "Is this a foreign film" and I dropped "Yeah. I think it's from Canada" while keeping a straight face.

It was nearly 3 hours long, with all the songs and stuff, however it flew by.
MangTheGoat

Postby MangTheGoat » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:09 am

Well, I saw Phir Hera Pheri the other day at the Quincy theater. Since most Indian films tend to be more than 2 1/2 hours long, they have a thing called "Interval" which I imagined to be "Intermission". As soon as that popped on the screen, I ran to use the facilities, but as soon as I got to the door, the movie started again. I had downed at least 6 cups of coffee that day and 2 32 Star Wars Slurpee Cups worth of water, so I really had to go. So I missed like 3 minutes of the movie. All that aside, I thought this movie was ridiculous. There were silly jokes and wacky action sequences. It seemed like a combination of a drive-in pirate movie mixed with money making schemes and mild romance. I really liked it however, the last 10 minutes was a shot for shot rip-off of "Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels". I don't know how they didn't get sued.

Next week I'm seeing Krrish, the sequel to Koi... Mil Gaya. It looks like a combination of Daredevil, the Sound of Music and a Kung Fu movie.

Should be fun.

I almost bought this yesterday because it is so ridiculous.

mags' icon reminded me.

I have always wanted to learn guitar and I think the idea of playing this silly thing might be enough to get me started.

I'm off to Philly in a few hours. Be good.
MangTheGoat

Postby Adict4DeadMilk » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:33 am

Speaking of kung fu movies I saw one the other day called the obsessed invincable fighter. The best kung fu moveie i have ever seen. When they introduced one of th ebad guys he was eating a bowl of maggots and the goop was pussing out the side of his mouth.... simply amazing. The last fight scene was like 30 minutes long, I want to own this great movie.
When in doubt fuck it. When not in doubt, get in doubt.
Adict4DeadMilk

Postby BigTimeOperator » Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:27 pm

I bought Superman I & II at Wal-mart for $5.50 a piece. The first one was a great deal. All sorts of extras. The second one has hardly anything extra on it. I got it because apparently Superman Returns takes place between the second and third Superman movies. I guess in the new one, After beating General Zod and his goons, Superman thinks that if they survived the explosion on Krypton other people must have as well. Superman leaves Earth for over six years and while gone everyone moves on and the Earth doesn't need him anymore so he is unwelcomed when he returns. Oh yeah I hear the new Superman is gay, at least the actor playing him is. That's a cool plot twist if that got worked into the movie.

Also Wal-Mart had some DVDs on sale for $3.88. I got some cool ones.
-Life Less Ordinary
-Barton Fink
-The Pick-Up Artist
-Q&A
-Strange Days
-The Scout

Now that it is summer and since I am going on a cruise next month all I do is watch cheap movies from Wal-Mart. If I only still smoked weed, it would be college all over again.
Gather round me everybody
Let me tell you who I am...
BigTimeOperator

Postby The Tarantula » Sun Jun 25, 2006 3:13 am

BigTimeOperator wrote:Oh yeah I hear the new Superman is gay, at least the actor playing him is.

Surely all super heroes are gay?
It's alive! (nearly)
http://dmtabs.deadmilkmen.com
The Tarantula

Postby doctor love » Sun Jun 25, 2006 7:15 pm

[quote="BigTimeOperator"]I bought Superman I & II at Wal-mart for $5.50 a piece. [quote]

It might be a deal and all, but there's an uber-superman box set thing that's coming out at the end of the year which also contains the "Richard Donner cut" of Superman 2.
I'm pretty excited for Superman Returns. I already bought my tickets for 10pm on tuesday night. I'm a sucker for superhero movies. But I'm no queer.
happy cows give sour milk.
doctor love

Postby mann » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:29 pm

i watched a movie called "slaughterhouse of the rising sun" the other day. it was far from good but i didnt feel cheated after it was over
mann

Postby mann » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:30 pm

i watched a movie called "slaughterhouse of the rising sun" the other day. it was far from good but i didnt feel cheated after it was over
mann

Postby doctor love » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:03 am

I saw Superman Returns tonight. I didn't like it. The opposite of the first X-men movie in my opinion (X-men: good drama, bad action; Superman Returns: bad drama..actually little to no drama, awesome action).

I watched Spider-man 2, X-men 1 and 2, Unbreakable 3 or more times in the theatre, and I'd have to say I will never willingly watch Superman Returns ever again. It doesn't really bother me too much. Unfortunately, Singer and company left X-Men 3 to do this, which is pretty sad if you're like me, and hate X3. Oh, well.
doctor love

Postby doctor love » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:04 am

I saw Superman Returns tonight. I didn't like it. The opposite of the first X-men movie in my opinion (X-men: good drama, bad action; Superman Returns: bad drama..actually little to no drama, awesome action).

I watched Spider-man 2, X-men 1 and 2, Unbreakable 3 or more times in the theatre, and I'd have to say I will never willingly watch Superman Returns ever again. It doesn't really bother me too much. Unfortunately, Singer and company left X-Men 3 to do this, which is pretty sad if you're like me, and hate X3. Oh, well.
doctor love

Postby doctor love » Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:04 am

doctor love

PreviousNext

Return to Dead Milkmen