No votes
Fantasia
18%
Who gives a rats ass!
55%

Total votes : 11

Postby Eve-Lau » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:25 am

I saw Wallace & Gromit on Sunday night. I thought it was really good. I had
only seen a few of the short films but they were great so I knew I would like the
full lenght one. It must've taken years to do. It's beautiful looking and I did
enjoy the story although, I have to admit, it was somewhat long at times. Still,
well worth seeing even in the theatre. I can't wait 'til it comes out on dvd so I
can see the original English version, because the only version available here in
the movie theatres is the French one. I'm sure some of the jokes were lost in the
transaltion.

As for Chicken Run, I didn't hate it. It had its moments. I just think it's funny
they promoted it as 'From the creators of Wallace & Gromit'' and now they're
promoting the W&G movie as 'From the creators of Chicken Run'...
Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.
Eve-Lau

Postby mags » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:50 pm

And now for the really Bad news, Fire destroys Wallace and Gromit sets.......and AArdman animations MTV award for Peter Gabriels "SledgeHammer" vidio.......oh my.
http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/main/
mags

Postby Eve-Lau » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:01 pm

Oh no! That really sucks.
Nick Park has quite a good attitude about it though...
Even though he's lost about 19 years worth of sets and stuff...
Eve-Lau

Postby Rory » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:32 pm

Isn't the guy who is the voice of Wallace like 80-some years old? I wonder what will happen to the series when he dies.
Rory

Postby mags » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:57 pm

[quote="Rory"]Isn't the guy who is the voice of Wallace like 80-some years old? I wonder what will happen to the series when he dies.[/quote]

Yep Rory,the ancient peter salis is "The Voice" and its a good point, Wallaces days are numbered, if I was Nick Parks, I'd be slipping him multi vit supliments.
mags

Postby mags » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:59 pm

[quote="Eve-Lau"]Oh no! That really sucks.
Nick Park has quite a good attitude about it though...
Even though he's lost about 19 years worth of sets and stuff...[/quote]

It is a cool attitude indeed Eve, I don't think I could be that layed back about it, but I gather a lot of the stuff was going into some kind of exhibition, and had no further film use, so it could have been far worse if say they were still filming or something.
mags

Postby Eve-Lau » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:47 am

I know, but even if he wasn't planning on using all that stuff anymore, it's still an amazing amount of work that just burned. If I were him I'd be crying my eyes out. Because of the sentimental value of all that...
Eve-Lau

Postby Eve-Lau » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:34 am

I saw Tim Burton's Corpse Bride yesterday. I didn't really like it that much. I
think it was prettier than it was good. It looks beautiful but the story and songs
are not that great...
Eve-Lau

Postby Eve-Lau » Mon Oct 17, 2005 2:48 pm

[quote="Rory"]Isn't the guy who is the voice of Wallace like 80-some years old? I wonder what will happen to the series when he dies.[/quote]

I think when he dies, Wallace will die as well. I saw an interview where Nick Park says that he cannot imagine doing Wallace and Gromit without Peter Salis. Peter is Wallace, Wallace is Peter...
Besides, it would be weird to everyone if the voice changed after so long...
Eve-Lau

Postby doctor love » Mon Oct 17, 2005 11:37 pm

[quote="Eve-Lau"]I saw Tim Burton's Corpse Bride yesterday. I didn't really like it that much. I
think it was prettier than it was good. It looks beautiful but the story and songs
are not that great...[/quote]

Agreed. Some little kids and their fat mother were applauding in the movie theatre after the movie was over and as I was leaving, I deliberatly farted when I walked down their aisle. Bwahahaha!
doctor love

Postby Eve-Lau » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:05 pm

I know. And it will probably win the Oscar for best animated film, although Wallace & Gromit really deserves it. The story is far better and the animation itself is better too. Am I the only one who noticed the obvious switches between real Stop-Motion and Computer animation in Corpse Bride? That really annoyed me. The reason I think it will win though is that the story is more sensitive and the looks of the film is more 'epic' than W&G. I think the average american (or Canadian or any other nation for that matter) might find Corpse Bride more touching than Wallace and Gromit even if the story isn't that well crafted...
Even my boyfriend who is a big Tim Burton fan says he liked W&G better.
Eve-Lau

Postby hoser » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:11 pm

[quote="Eve-Lau"]I saw Tim Burton's Corpse Bride yesterday. I didn't really like it that much. I
are not that great...[/quote]

Tim Burtons glory days must be behind him. I saw Charlie and the Choclate Factory the other day and couldnt stand it. Oh well.
Life is way too consuming.
hoser

Postby doctor love » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:41 am

Yeah, I walked out of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory after the second Oompa Loompa song started. Elfman and Burton were both childhood heroes of mine, and were my favorite composer/filmmaker respectively, but there work has turned to shit.
And what was up with the Corpse Bride turning into butterflies at the end of the movie? I'm still scratching my head over that.
doctor love

Postby BigTimeOperator » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:04 am

I think Tim's work started to go downhill when he did his "OWN version" of Planet of the Apes. If you recall he hated people refering to it as a remake. Same thing with Willy Wonka. He started off running with FrankenWienie and then Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Recently I went back and watched Batman and really thought it was corny. He acheived his peak with Ed Wood and recently tried his hands ay getting his Oscar again with Big Fish. Tim Burton will always be seen as a Big Budget B-Movie maker. I have heard alot of people do not take his style seriously.. THEY referring to the IN people in Hollywood. I really hope Spike Jonez does not follow suite here. I like his work thus far.
Gather round me everybody
Let me tell you who I am...
BigTimeOperator

Postby MangTheGoat » Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:14 am

Feh.
"Nobody likes a quitter. Nobody said that life was easy, so if you get knocked down, take the standing 8 count, get back up and fight again and you're a Macho Maniac. Dig it!" -Macho Man Randy Savage
MangTheGoat

PreviousNext

Return to Dead Milkmen