Cinderella
No votes
Fantasia
18%
Who gives a rats ass!
55%

Total votes : 11

Postby mags » Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:52 am

The Wrong trousers is a Gem, the penguine is pure evil, not an easy thing for a penguine to get right.
A Grand Day out is also a must, if you get a second chance to purchase BTO Grab it.
mags

Postby mags » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:04 am

Just found this, wallace and Gromit related Item.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/dorset/4318710.stm
mags

Postby Rodney » Fri Oct 07, 2005 2:22 pm

[quote="mags"][quote="Rodney"]Wallace...Gromit...
The Curse of the Were-Rabbit

Be there![/quote]

...Hey Rodney, What did you think to it, I know Ardman Animations had quiet a difficult time with DreamWorks as they wanted it to stay British in style, and Dreamworks were not so keen.[/quote]

Honestly...I haven't seen it yet but I know its gonna rule.

I’ve seen all the shorts and am of the opinion that Chicken Run is one of the most subversive films ever made. Were-Rabbit is worth the price of admission simply for the name of W &G’s humane extermination company: “Anti-Pesto”
Rodney

Postby BigTimeOperator » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:25 am

Last night I went and saw two movies:

WAITing:
This is going to become a cult classic. It follows the life of a group of people in a given day at a TGI Friday's style resturant. The script is written well and the actors play the various parts to a T. The one liners and jokes in it are timesless classic and I am sure people who see this film will be reciting lines from this movie for years to come. It has a Clerks feeling and anyone who sticks around to the end of the movie will see why, The writter director thanks Kevin Smith as an inspiration. The plot is simple if there is one at all. A very good comedy. Probably the best i have seen this year.

Wallace and Gromitt: Curse of the Were-Rabbit
This has had critics talking for ever. So much so I was excited to see it. I will be honest I did not like Chicken Run and in fact, I was bored of the story in this one. The animation was awesome and I respected the time it took to shot this film, but I found myself bored in it at times. It was alot better than Corpes Bride that for sure but it is not the best animated movie I have seen. It is the best that has come out this year (except for Stewie the Untold Story). I will say I do hope this wins the Oscar for best full lenght Animated movie because giving it to a cgi film is like saying traditional animation as well as other forms of it is dead. It is somethign I highly recommend taking your kids to see.
Gather round me everybody
Let me tell you who I am...
BigTimeOperator

Postby mags » Sat Oct 08, 2005 9:41 am

The W&G movie is being promoted heavily over here, and as I've yet to see it , i was interested in hearing from someone who had, the original shorts had a lot of charm but i questioned the possiblity of it carrying through a full length movie, in my opinion Toy Story was far better than chicken run, I might give W&G a miss and wait til it's broadcast on TV, next on my list of want to see is "Serenity", basically because Joss Wheldon can do no wrong.
mags

Postby doctor love » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:11 pm

I'm with you Mags. I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Firefly was awesome. Serenity has it's flaws, but if you followed the show, you'll love it. There's suspenseful/dramatic moments that just didnt work for me, and some characters get less screen time, but Whedon did the best he could without making a twelve hour movie. All in all it's a great ending to the series.
Saw an early free screening of Domino. Watch it. It's good. Same goes for Mirrormask, which I'll be seeing again.
doctor love

Wallace and Gromitt...

Postby mrclean » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:59 pm

We just got back - I loved it.

Some very funny gags in it and they did keep the British style humour in it. Some joke for the parents too.

This box may contain nuts....

So - I know it's a bit naughty, but whats the meaning of the slang "Totty" in England?
-- Mr. Clean
mrclean
Site Admin

Postby Adict4DeadMilk » Sat Oct 08, 2005 4:23 pm

Did anyone see the previews of the remake of fog? The original was funny it wasn't intentionally funny but i got a laugh out of it but the new one just looks lame.
When in doubt fuck it. When not in doubt, get in doubt.
Adict4DeadMilk

Postby mags » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:35 pm

....Ah The meaning of "Totty" its quiet acceptable and is just upper class slang for atractive woman/women, if it's used by working class people then the meaning changes slightly, and infers a woman of no real consiquence, such as not a girlfriend etc, some of of English slang is derived from Eton public School, which almost has it's own language, I belive "Totty" originated from there.
mags

Postby mags » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:44 pm

[quote="doctor love"]I'm with you Mags. I love Buffy the Vampire Slayer, and Firefly was awesome. Serenity has it's flaws, but if you followed the show, you'll love it. There's suspenseful/dramatic moments that just didnt work for me, and some characters get less screen time, but Whedon did the best he could without making a twelve hour movie. All in all it's a great ending to the series.
Saw an early free screening of Domino. Watch it. It's good. Same goes for Mirrormask, which I'll be seeing again.[/quote]

At first I thought Buffy was a teen thing and didn't pay any attention to it, but late one night it was on and I was doing something else, when I stopped and thought, did I hear that right, from then on i was hooked, the writing on it was brilliant, I kept waiting for to to desend in to teen angst cheese, but it never did,and besides when spike got his kit off, please, i could hardly breath properly, plus he's the only time I've heard a non english actor get the accent right.
Any way no matter what, Im now definetly seeing serenity, thanks for the review Dr Love, you've sold it to me.
mags

Postby Creepy_Old_Goat » Sat Oct 08, 2005 11:43 pm

CHEESE!!!
"Goat milk?" ~Goaty
Member# 15! :D
Creepy_Old_Goat

Re: Wallace and Gromitt...

Postby BigTimeOperator » Sun Oct 09, 2005 10:01 am

[quote="mrclean"] Some joke for the parents too.[quote]

My favorite...
He never paid attention to my produce.
Gather round me everybody
Let me tell you who I am...
BigTimeOperator

Postby xfoo » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:14 pm

That kicks ass! I wish people would roll the dice on cheesy 3D slashers. Never saw part 3 in 3D, but in all honesty the movie wasn't half bad. The part where the guy is walking on his hands and gets cut in half was pretty groovy.[/quote]

hey i wanted it to be a surprise. i saw one where some guy was in an outhouse singing a song about number twos and jason, or some person wearing the jason suit for convoluted political reasons, started .. well, i'll just say that he put what might have been rebars in the outhouse. then a guy was riding around his house in a motorbike screaming while hif wife spat in his soup. uh.. what part was that? 3?
xfoo

Postby xfoo » Sun Oct 09, 2005 3:18 pm

last season of angel was pretty good, especially the episode with the mexican wrestlers. i think the increased funny on the last season was related to ben edlund (the tick) being on the staff as some sort of producer
xfoo

Postby doctor love » Sun Oct 09, 2005 6:43 pm

My thoughts on Angel, exactly. My all-time favorite episode is when Angel turns into a puppet. Ben Englund also wrote/co-wrote some great Firefly episodes you should check out.
doctor love

PreviousNext

Return to Dead Milkmen