ThE pEt PeEvES THrEAd

Moderators: Cult Leader Lettuce, Adict4DeadMilk, johnec

Postby The Lamp Incident » Mon Feb 14, 2005 11:14 am

I could actually do without the TV. I could just use the computer to download shows and play DVDs. It's not like there's ever anything worth watching on. Music's an essential, that's for sure. I'd actually rather have a small place of living. Especially if it was messy as shit and was poorly lit. That would suit me well.
eh
The Lamp Incident

Postby Rory » Mon Feb 14, 2005 4:34 pm

I'm hoping to completely stop watching TV... someday.
Rory

Postby trashlikeyou » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:31 pm

I have low standards when it comes to TV, I'll watch pretty much rerun-sitcom that comes on after I get home from work. It's not that it entertains me that much, it just lets me zone out and relax.
Trashlikeyourules.com
Coming soon...

St. Louis Hardcore
trashlikeyou

Postby Eve-Lau » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:32 pm

I'd love to do that too, but I'm such a TV addict, even though I know that 99% of the shows are crap. I always manage to find something to watch and I even get kind of addicted to shows. The latest addiction is Discovery Channel's 'Mythbusters'. Some of my past addictions have been :

South Park
Kids in the Hall (Still is)
Malcolm in the Middle (even though I know it's really not that great)
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Phylactere Cola (Cool show a bunch of guys from Quebec city made)
RBO (Montreal comedy troupe)
...(it goes on and on)...
Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.
Eve-Lau

Postby trashlikeyou » Mon Feb 14, 2005 9:34 pm

I agree on the first three.
Trashlikeyourules.com
Coming soon...

St. Louis Hardcore
trashlikeyou

Postby doctor love » Tue Feb 15, 2005 1:20 am

[quote="Rory"]I'm hoping to completely stop watching TV... someday.[/quote]

I've stopped watching television for about a year. I have a tv set and a dvd player, but I dont have cable or even the basic 1-13 channels. I dont miss tv or the commercials.
doctor love

Postby kksuck2 » Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:48 am

I've got it bad; I have three channels (not counting the french one) two are standard Canadian T.V. and the other is like PBS but shows titty. Now that I think about it; I don't have it that bad.
kksuck2

Postby BigTimeOperator » Tue Feb 15, 2005 8:36 am

in Tampa we have like 5 Spanish stations

I think this is the first time I have posted in this thread.
Gather round me everybody
Let me tell you who I am...
BigTimeOperator

Postby Eve-Lau » Tue Feb 15, 2005 7:48 pm

[quote="trashlikeyou"]I agree on the first three.[/quote]

You like Malcolm in the Middle, but you don't like Monty Python's Flying Circus? There's something seriously wrong with you trash!

You like Kids in the Hall, huh? Any favourite sketch? I've been watching the season 2 dvds a lot lately and I like the sketch with the 'fat' hitchiker who is actually thin.

Dave - Boy I'm hungry. I guess I haven't had anything to eat in about... an hour! Ever done that? Ever gone a WHOLE HOUR without eating? I guess not, not a man of YOUR remarcable girth! Boy are you fat!!!

kksuck2 - Is the French channel CBC in French (Radio-Canada)? If so, it's really too bad you don't understand French because the only two good shows on Quebec's tv are on this channel. 'L'Héritière de la Grande Ourse' (it's been compared to Twin Peaks a lot) and 'Les Bougons' (really hard to describe).
Eve-Lau

Postby trashlikeyou » Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:57 am

I like the Monty Python movies, but I never know if or when that show comes on (on PBS most likely).

Unfortunately I have not seen KITH in about 4 years, when I stopped getting expanded service cable TV. I remember one hilarious sketch where a guy's wife left town and him and his friend went and partied all over the continent or somethin like that, I don't remember much about, I just remember laughing my ass off.
Trashlikeyourules.com
Coming soon...

St. Louis Hardcore
trashlikeyou

Postby The Lamp Incident » Wed Feb 16, 2005 11:18 am

[quote="doctor love"]I've stopped watching television for about a year. I have a tv set and a dvd player, but I dont have cable or even the basic 1-13 channels. I dont miss tv or the commercials.[/quote]

I have basic cable(about up to channel 25). The thing is in the same room as the computer and I completely forget it's even there most of the time. The only even remotely watchable thing is the news, and even that bores me after about 20 seconds. Computers are way better.
eh
The Lamp Incident

Postby Eve-Lau » Wed Feb 16, 2005 12:06 pm

[quote="trashlikeyou"]I like the Monty Python movies, but I never know if or when that show comes on (on PBS most likely).

Unfortunately I have not seen KITH in about 4 years, when I stopped getting expanded service cable TV. I remember one hilarious sketch where a guy's wife left town and him and his friend went and partied all over the continent or somethin like that, I don't remember much about, I just remember laughing my ass off.[/quote]

I have Monty Python's Flying Circus and Kids In The Hall on tape/dvd... I couldn't see it otherwise because those shows aren't on the air anymore. Not even Kids in the Hall, a Canadian show. That's a shame! CBC should air reruns until I get the seasons 3-4-5 on dvd. Then, they could stop airing reruns.

I remember that sketch. It's in the first season, so I have it on dvd. Pretty good stuff, but I didn't really think of it as one of their funniest ones. I think the 2nd season is better than the first.
Eve-Lau

Postby BigTimeOperator » Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:46 am

I miss the State
Gather round me everybody
Let me tell you who I am...
BigTimeOperator

Postby doctor love » Sat Feb 19, 2005 3:19 am

[quote="BigTimeOperator"]I miss the State[/quote]

It eventually turned to shit just like everything else. Fortunately, all the cast are still alive and havent given up show business.
doctor love

Postby Guest » Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:09 pm

i hate when they cut off ur hot water or heat or cable or something
i also hate when ur about to sit down and someone runs up and takes ur spot and i hate when you order something and have to wait for it for a long time and i hate final exams and casual racism or when ppl dont like something so they call it "jew" or "gay"

PreviousNext

Return to Thee Mega Thread