ThE pEt PeEvES THrEAd

Moderators: Cult Leader Lettuce, Adict4DeadMilk, johnec

Postby trashlikeyou » Thu Feb 10, 2005 4:39 pm

What a bitch!

Eve - So how does your school work then, is there a nation-wide student union? Here in the states Bush just cut funding for the federal student loans (among other programs that help low-income people), he's a piece of shit.
Trashlikeyourules.com
Coming soon...

St. Louis Hardcore
trashlikeyou

Postby Eve-Lau » Fri Feb 11, 2005 11:21 am

Woa! I didn't read kksuck2's post before reading yours and I thought for a moment you were calling me a bitch! I am, but not on the board! But yeah kksuck2's boss IS a bitch! She's evil!

There is kind of a union. Each school has it's student organisation with an executive comittee that represents all of the students. And each of these comittees can be part of a wider organisation that includes all of the colleges and universities in the province.

Now, what happens is that Quebec's Prime Minister (not Cananda's) wants to cut funding. For example someone who was recieving 9000$ for a master's degree had ro reimburse 3000$ of it, the rest was not a loan but a scholarship. Now, there's 0$ scholarship and 9000$ loan. In average, someone who takes loans will end up with a 50 000$ debt after a master's degree. He also wants to let universities raise fees for foreign students wich is illegal here! He's the worst Prime Minister we've ever had.

BUSH is an idiot. I hear the only fields that benfit from his new budget is the army (of course) and homeland security. He's cutting everything else, right? Medicare, welfare, scholarships... What an asshole. And the world's stuck with him for another 3½ years!
Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.
Eve-Lau

Postby trashlikeyou » Fri Feb 11, 2005 4:02 pm

You forgot one key beneficiary of the new budget - the bourgeoisie.

That prime minister definitely sounds like a douche, and it sounds like there are totally grounds for a student strike. Good luck!
Trashlikeyourules.com
Coming soon...

St. Louis Hardcore
trashlikeyou

Postby Eve-Lau » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:20 pm

Oh yeah, the bourgeoisie... They deserve it so much, you know it's hard being rich, there are tons of little annoying details about it like when you have too much cash on you, your wallet makes a big bump in your pocket and it doesn't look as nice...
Eve-Lau

Postby trashlikeyou » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:28 pm

Yeah, and what are you supposed to do when you don't have to work? I mean really, they've got it rough, they must be SO bored!
Trashlikeyourules.com
Coming soon...

St. Louis Hardcore
trashlikeyou

Postby The Lamp Incident » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:32 pm

I'd rather be rich than poor.

But not if I have to work for it.

Winning the lottery: The American dream.
eh
The Lamp Incident

Postby trashlikeyou » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:43 pm

Every time I go to the gas station I tell myself I am going to buy a lottery ticket or a scratchers ticket, but somehow I get distracted by all the shiny lighters and "Take a penny leave a penny" things that I forgot all about it by the time I'm at the cashier.
Trashlikeyourules.com
Coming soon...

St. Louis Hardcore
trashlikeyou

Postby The Lamp Incident » Sat Feb 12, 2005 3:54 pm

Don't worry. If you still want to steal other peoples' hard earned money, there's always the stock market.
eh
The Lamp Incident

Postby Eve-Lau » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:07 pm

Everyone would like to get rich doing nothing (I think). Even me, but I'm sure I'd feel guilty and I would end up making donations to charities and stuff like that.

Winning the lottery is the Quebecois dream as well. Loto-Québec brings billions of dollars to the provincial government every year. It's big here. I never bought a lottery ticket. Maybe a scratcher but I just like to scratch those, I wasn't really expecting to win.
Eve-Lau

Postby Eve-Lau » Sat Feb 12, 2005 4:14 pm

I hate my boyfriend's new computer screen. It works and then goes all black and then works again. If he had not gotten it for free, I say he would have been totally ripped off.
Eve-Lau

Postby The Tarantula » Sat Feb 12, 2005 10:27 pm

[quote="The Lamp Incident"]I'd rather be rich than poor.

But not if I have to work for it.

Winning the lottery: The American dream.[/quote]

Yeah, I'd rather be poor than work for it too. I just don't care that much.
The Tarantula

Postby EveLau » Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:10 am

Me too. Working sucks. I'm very lazy.

Sorry, forgot to log in...
EveLau

Postby trashlikeyou » Sun Feb 13, 2005 2:27 am

I just don't care about money very much, I know I need more of it, but not much. If I can survive and have a few little perks (TV, Internet, Drums, CD's) then I'm set.
Trashlikeyourules.com
Coming soon...

St. Louis Hardcore
trashlikeyou

Postby Eve-Lau » Sun Feb 13, 2005 3:11 pm

So do I, as long as I got TV and music, I'm fine. But I'd kinda like to travle eventually... so...
Eve-Lau

Postby ben_smart » Sun Feb 13, 2005 10:21 pm

[quote="trashlikeyou"]I just don't care about money very much, I know I need more of it, but not much. If I can survive and have a few little perks (TV, Internet, Drums, CD's) then I'm set.[/quote]

you sound just like me.
ben_smart

PreviousNext

Return to Thee Mega Thread