The Concert Thread: v2.0

Moderators: Cult Leader Lettuce, Adict4DeadMilk, johnec

Postby doctor love » Fri May 05, 2006 1:14 pm

Saw Daniel Johnston twice last night (at 6pm for free at Amoeba music, at 11pm at Spaceland show). He was nervous as hell, shaking like an old Kate Hepburn on a helicopter. I enjoyed both shows, with the horrible tempo and sloppy musicianship and all.
happy cows give sour milk.
doctor love

Postby smackie9 » Sun May 07, 2006 12:31 pm

MangTheGoat
Said
I was debating about seeing They Might Be Giants at TLA in Philly next weekend, but I have a weird feeling about being out of state for Mother's Day Weekend.

Are you crazy?
April, May, June , July!
I've been through this
100 times!
smackie9

Postby Eve-Lau » Sun May 07, 2006 7:27 pm

I like They Might Be Giants.
Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.
Eve-Lau

Postby MangTheGoat » Wed May 10, 2006 7:36 am

smackie9 wrote:MangTheGoat
Said
I was debating about seeing They Might Be Giants at TLA in Philly next weekend, but I have a weird feeling about being out of state for Mother's Day Weekend.

Are you crazy?

Mildly, but the pills do their magic and protect me from myself.

I will probably end up going to the Porsches on the Autobahn show at TT the Bears in Boston on Friday instead of TMBG in Philly. PotA opened for The Dresden Dolls show at the Orpheum and put on this really crazy show. They say they are from Germany, but I think they are faking it and are really a Boston based band. They break all sorts of wooden boards with their crazy karate/dance moves. At the end of their set, I was rubbing my eyes and asking everyone if that all really happened.

http://www.porschesontheautobahn.com/
"Nobody likes a quitter. Nobody said that life was easy, so if you get knocked down, take the standing 8 count, get back up and fight again and you're a Macho Maniac. Dig it!" -Macho Man Randy Savage
MangTheGoat

Postby Eve-Lau » Wed May 10, 2006 12:09 pm

It would be cool if they did a cover of Kraftwerk's 'Autobahn' (Not the 23 minutes long version)...
Eve-Lau

Postby BigTimeOperator » Thu May 18, 2006 8:49 pm

I ordered my Cracker tickets today.
June 30th @ Skipper's Smokehouse in Tampa.

The bad thing is it was originally billed as Cracker & Camper Van Beethoven now it is just Cracker. I am not complaining it is still gonna rock, just sans CVB. Seen CVB (open for 10,000 Maniacs, left when 10,000 hit the stage. I only went to hear CVB) never seen Cracker soooooo
Gather round me everybody
Let me tell you who I am...
BigTimeOperator

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Fri May 19, 2006 2:54 am

I'm going to see Mindless Self Indulgence in June!

(i saw these guys on their first tour ever, and their second tour... but it's been a while and I think I should see them again)
The unofficial archivist. Keep digitizing those old recordings everybody!

Current Projects: A stack of tapes from Timothy, will be hopefully getting those finished soon! Lotsa upgrades to things that have been circulating for a while.
Cult Leader Lettuce

Postby Rory » Fri May 19, 2006 2:55 am

BigTimeOperator wrote:I ordered my Cracker tickets today.
June 30th @ Skipper's Smokehouse in Tampa.

The bad thing is it was originally billed as Cracker & Camper Van Beethoven now it is just Cracker. I am not complaining it is still gonna rock, just sans CVB. Seen CVB (open for 10,000 Maniacs, left when 10,000 hit the stage. I only went to hear CVB) never seen Cracker soooooo

I'm going to try to make a road trip to see CVB in Kansas on June 10th. Never seen them before.
Rory

Postby BigTimeOperator » Fri May 19, 2006 4:57 am

Camper Van Beethoven is awesome in concert. I saw them when they were touring in support of Key Lime Pie. Awesome fucking show.

It's funny I have a full slate of concerts this summer. Like I am going to LA Guns tonight. Some other shows am seeing this summer are (and yes most of them suck):
-The Outlaws
-Georgia Satellites
-ABC
-Cheap Trick
-Firehouse
-Pat Benatar w/ Starship
-Eddie Money
-Sister Hazel
-Sammy Hagar
-Jefferson Starship
-Journey & Def Leppard
-Chicago & Huey Lewis and the News
-John Fogerty & Willie Nelson
-Warrant
-Dave Matthews Band

But I have not been so excited about a concert (Cracker) since the Milkmen Reunion.
Gather round me everybody
Let me tell you who I am...
BigTimeOperator

Postby Eve-Lau » Fri May 19, 2006 3:47 pm

Tonignt I'm either going to see a Johnny Cash cover band, or Mononc' Serge. Mononc Serge is awesome, but I've seen him twice last month (in less than a week). On the other hand, I've already seen the Johnny Cash cover show too... Quite the dilemma...
Eve-Lau

Postby The Lamp Incident » Sat May 20, 2006 4:53 am

My last show had the lineup of Disfear, Misery Index, Phobia, Nine Shocks Terror, Strong Intention, and I Destroyer. Unless I hear something more about Machetazo in Providence, my next show will be Magrudergrind, Unholy Grave, Yacopsae, Sanity's Dawn, I Destroyer, and Throwing Shrapnel. So suck it.
eh
The Lamp Incident

Postby The Lamp Incident » Sat May 20, 2006 4:58 am

Actually, scratch that, I don't think the Machetazo show is happening, but Fucked Up is playing before the month ends. I would hit that shit up.
eh
The Lamp Incident

Postby Eve-Lau » Sat May 20, 2006 8:53 am

well, I made the right choice and went to see Mononc Serge. That was the best show I've seen him do! He played in a restaurant/bar/hotel and my friend is working the desk at that hotel rigth now. She says if he doesn't wake up by 10 (check out time) she'll go wake him up... Poor him, he's had so much to drink yesterday, it's gonna be a tough morning...
Eve-Lau

Postby Adict4DeadMilk » Sat May 20, 2006 8:13 pm

Buffalos free summer concert series! The femmes im so excit4ed... Beats the piss out of hootie and spin doctors (who came last year).

Lamp do you like a band called priestess? I heard some of them the other day and for some reason it seemed like something youd listen to. You know with all that angst in your heart and such.
When in doubt fuck it. When not in doubt, get in doubt.
Adict4DeadMilk

Postby The Lamp Incident » Sat May 20, 2006 11:44 pm

Never heard of them. Maybe I'll give it a look.
eh
The Lamp Incident

PreviousNext

Return to Thee Mega Thread