The Concert Thread: v2.0

Moderators: Cult Leader Lettuce, Adict4DeadMilk, johnec

Postby Eve-Lau » Sat Apr 29, 2006 12:54 pm

Aargh. Rory, I don't know what to think about that picture of yours. I hate clowns (they really freak me out) but I 'like' serial killers (always an interesting subject to read about)...
Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.
Eve-Lau

Postby doctor love » Sun Apr 30, 2006 1:27 am

Eve-Lau wrote:Aargh. Rory, I don't know what to think about that picture of yours. I hate clowns (they really freak me out) but I 'like' serial killers (always an interesting subject to read about)...

There's this horror movie called "Clownhouse" made back in the early nineties about a group of escaped convicts and serial killers that kill a group of circus clowns, dress up in their costumes, and then terrorize three young boys that are alone in their house. Seems up your alley.
The writer/director, Victor Salva, even molested the young star of the movie (really frightening). And one of the first shots of the movie is of the kid's bare ass as he wakes up out of bed.
I really dont know why I'm telling you all of this. I should really be getting to bed.
happy cows give sour milk.
doctor love

Ween!

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:53 am

I forgot to mention that I got to see Ween 4.10.06! It was a part of their six show spring tour, and it was a great show! For those of you who didn't get a chance to check out this tour, the shows are up for torrent on http://www.browntracker.net!

If you don't do torrent, you can download the atlanta show in either FLAC lossless, OGG, low bitrate mp3, or variable bit rate mp3 at http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=35640!
The unofficial archivist. Keep digitizing those old recordings everybody!

Current Projects: A stack of tapes from Timothy, will be hopefully getting those finished soon! Lotsa upgrades to things that have been circulating for a while.
Cult Leader Lettuce

Postby Eve-Lau » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:01 am

[quote="doctor love"
There's this horror movie called "Clownhouse" made back in the early nineties about a group of escaped convicts and serial killers that kill a group of circus clowns, dress up in their costumes, and then terrorize three young boys that are alone in their house. Seems up your alley.
The writer/director, Victor Salva, even molested the young star of the movie (really frightening). And one of the first shots of the movie is of the kid's bare ass as he wakes up out of bed.
I really dont know why I'm telling you all of this. I should really be getting to bed.[/quote]~

I might -might- check it out... The only movie I've seen with clowns in it was Killer Klowns from Outer Space. But that was pretty funny. I liked the balloon dogs...
Eve-Lau

Postby Creepy_Old_Goat » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:44 pm

I love the Killer Klowns theme!
The Dickies make good music :D
"Goat milk?" ~Goaty
Member# 15! :D
Creepy_Old_Goat

Postby Eve-Lau » Mon May 01, 2006 9:33 am

They did the theme? Cool. I had no idea.
Eve-Lau

Postby MangTheGoat » Mon May 01, 2006 11:19 am

I have seen Killer Klowns from Outer Space at least 50 times. They used to play it on HBO late 80s -early 90s constantly.

The theme to KKfOS is what introduced me to the Dickies.
"Nobody likes a quitter. Nobody said that life was easy, so if you get knocked down, take the standing 8 count, get back up and fight again and you're a Macho Maniac. Dig it!" -Macho Man Randy Savage
MangTheGoat

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Mon May 01, 2006 5:06 pm

Creepy_Old_Goat wrote:I love the Killer Klowns theme!
The Dickies make good music :D

I have the Dickies-Killer Klowns EP on vinyl somewhere in my collection. It is way cool.
The unofficial archivist. Keep digitizing those old recordings everybody!

Current Projects: A stack of tapes from Timothy, will be hopefully getting those finished soon! Lotsa upgrades to things that have been circulating for a while.
Cult Leader Lettuce

Postby Creepy_Old_Goat » Mon May 01, 2006 9:35 pm

Vinyl! :o

I only have it on CD... :cry:
"Goat milk?" ~Goaty
Creepy_Old_Goat

Postby MangTheGoat » Tue May 02, 2006 9:39 am

same here. Only on cd. I saw the cd going on eBay for $40 once. Although it may have been half.com.
"Nobody likes a quitter. Nobody said that life was easy, so if you get knocked down, take the standing 8 count, get back up and fight again and you're a Macho Maniac. Dig it!" -Macho Man Randy Savage
MangTheGoat

Postby Creepy_Old_Goat » Tue May 02, 2006 10:07 am

That's a lot of money!
I got mine new for about $6 at a Hastings store last year.
"Goat milk?" ~Goaty
Creepy_Old_Goat

Postby Creepy_Old_Goat » Tue May 02, 2006 10:09 am

Oh, I see, I got the remaster version that came out last year... :roll:
"Goat milk?" ~Goaty
Creepy_Old_Goat

Postby MangTheGoat » Fri May 05, 2006 7:18 am

Back on topic...

I am seeing the Aquabats on June 9th at Avalon. I have seen them 4 or 5 times and they always put on a great show.

I was debating about seeing They Might Be Giants at TLA in Philly next weekend, but I have a weird feeling about being out of state for Mother's Day Weekend.

I am also planning on going to the Epoxies/Phenomenauts show at TT the Bears on 6/6/06, and putting off seeing The Omen on opening night. The Phenomenauts are probably the best science-based bands I have seen since Man or Astro-Man?
MangTheGoat

Postby BigTimeOperator » Fri May 05, 2006 9:53 am

Years ago I seem to remember DM coming through Florida with Man or Astro-Man opening. Did they? Does anyone know?
Gather round me everybody
Let me tell you who I am...
BigTimeOperator

Postby Eve-Lau » Fri May 05, 2006 11:54 am

[quote="MangTheGoat"]I was debating about seeing They Might Be Giants at TLA in Philly next weekend, but I have a weird feeling about being out of state for Mother's Day Weekend.[/quote]

I'm going to pretend I didn't read that...

Although, giving the circumstances, I do understand...
(Is that how you spell circumstances?)
Eve-Lau

PreviousNext

Return to Thee Mega Thread