The Concert Thread: v2.0

Moderators: Cult Leader Lettuce, Adict4DeadMilk, johnec

Postby PeterBazooka » Wed Feb 14, 2007 7:18 pm

yeah, im lookin at em on bestbuy.com(cuz i have dial up and all my computer can handle is 30 second song samples) and they sound pretty sweet, im listenin ta the self titled one. pretty unique like you said
James "Clovis"
PeterBazooka

Postby The Lamp Incident » Sun Feb 25, 2007 12:26 am

I just got back from seeing Ampere, Scapegoat, and Soul Swallower in western Mass(Easthampton). Close to a two hour drive. Longest I've gone for a show by far.

Lightning Bolt again tomorrow(this will be my 6th time seeing them).
eh
The Lamp Incident

Postby Eve-Lau » Sun Mar 18, 2007 10:49 pm

I saw a good show last night. It was the Show Business Giants. I think some of you would actually like them. The singer/guitarist/leader of that band, Tom Holliston now plays guitar for another band (NOmeansno) (he has been for 14 years actually). Anyway, my boyfriend works for/is friends with NOmeansno and Tom, so we dropped by his place during the afternoon...
Tom is a really nice guy but he is a little weird.
We were all in his living room and he was looking out the window and told us that the video store across the street used to have a big clown statue in front of their store and he hated it. He said it had disappeared overnight and that he hoped some people stole it to destroy it. Later during the afternoon, Tom looked out the window again and yelled "No! They put a huge smiling statue of Charlie Chaplin there instead of the clown! Chaplin had a terrible upbringing and grew up miserable and poor! He has nothing to smile about!!!" Then later, a couple of people actually got their picture taken with the Charlie Chaplin and Tom went "No! NO! YOU FUCKING MORONS! ... Enemies of humanity!"
It was pretty hilarious!

Then there was the show. The first opening band was the Nervous Breakdowns. They put on an awesome show and did a cool cover of "Beer in the Morning" and their own songs are fun!
www.myspace.com/nervousbreakdownscanada

Then another band called The Feminists played, they were pretty good too. www.myspace.com/thefeminists

And then The ShowBusiness Giants played. They were absolutely awesome, Tom was so into it at first! He was literally beaming with joy seeing how well the audience reacted (it was the first time in years they had played together and probably the last time too). But there were lots of technical issues with the sound and it really pissed him off. It got really bad during the second to last song, Tom got really upset, he just said good night, waved and left the stage right in the middle of the song... The other band members kept playing the song but they didn't play the last one.

Seriously, even if they have split up a few years ago and might never play again, you NEED to check them out ;
www.myspace.com/showbusinessgiants
and you can find most of their albums on www.redcat.ca

Here's an old promo photo, just for fun:
(Tom is the one on the left)
Last edited by Eve-Lau on Wed Jun 06, 2007 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.
Eve-Lau

Postby BigTimeOperator » Sat Apr 28, 2007 3:58 pm

Tonight I am going to see:
Joe Diffie
Little Texas
Jake Owen

Tomorrow I am going to 98Rock Fest w.
Hinder
Three Day Grace
Buckcherry
Papa Roach
Chevelle
Puddle of Mudd
Daughtry
Saliva
Bullet For My Valentine
Blackstone Cherry
Dropping Daylight
Gather round me everybody
Let me tell you who I am...
BigTimeOperator

Postby BigTimeOperator » Sat May 26, 2007 8:04 am

I am headed to the 97X memorial Day BBQ today with
The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus
Shiny Toy Guns
the Almost
Sick Puppies
Army of Me

I can't wait to see Shiny Toy Guns. I want to touch that girl in the band in naughty places.
Gather round me everybody
Let me tell you who I am...
BigTimeOperator

Postby Creepy_Old_Goat » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:19 am

Nekromantix tonight! WOOO0O0O0Oo000OOOOO!!!!! :mrgreen:
"Goat milk?" ~Goaty
Member# 15! :D
Creepy_Old_Goat

Postby Spoon » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:16 am

That's awesome. I would love to see the Nekromantix live. Hope you had a good time.
"I am an asexual pug " - Lamp
Spoon

Postby The Lamp Incident » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:55 am

Nekromantix came through here kind of recently and I completely forgot to give a shit.
eh
The Lamp Incident

Postby Eve-Lau » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:44 am

Mh... I saw NOmeansno twice and Married to Music three times since I last posted in this thread.
Yes, I do realise Married to Music is the worst band name ever. Yes, they know it too and they are about to change it. But despite their lame name, they are pretty damn good, especially live.
Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.
Eve-Lau

Postby doctor love » Tue Jun 19, 2007 1:51 am

I saw the Queers on Sunday night at Safari Sam's in Hollywood.
I was wearing my "Smoking Banana Peels" t-shirt (my favorite shirt) and there was some other guy sporting a DM tee. I saw him singing to a DM song that they club was playing before the first band. It's always a good omen when you hear DM before a show. It was a really great night of nostalgia and friendship.
happy cows give sour milk.
doctor love

Postby The Tarantula » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:05 am

Nothing unites people like a DM t-shirt. The two times it's happened to me have been nice experiences.
It's alive! (nearly)
http://dmtabs.deadmilkmen.com
The Tarantula

Postby Adict4DeadMilk » Thu Jun 21, 2007 4:35 pm

People always comment on my shirts wherever I go downtown. If only I got a nickel every time I heard "Oh man the dead milkmen I hadn't heard them in forever." Then there is always that little "punk rock girl" Trying to imitate joes voice.
When in doubt fuck it. When not in doubt, get in doubt.
Adict4DeadMilk

Postby The Lamp Incident » Thu Jun 21, 2007 9:22 pm

Funny time to bring this up, I saw a kid at Six Flags today wearing one of those yellow Big Lizard shirts. I tried calling him out but he didn't hear me.
eh
The Lamp Incident

Postby Rory » Fri Jun 22, 2007 12:56 am

My NRBD shirt has only been acknowledged once. And I saw ? and the Mysterians at a free concert at a park earlier tonight. They only played 96 Tears twice.
Rory

Postby MangTheGoat » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:56 pm

I saw the Polyphonic Spree last night at Avalon in Boston. I have wanted to see them for a few years now, but they haven't played around in awhile. Their show was amazing, like one of the most powerful performances I have ever seen. 23 members all having a blast. I met most of them after the show and they were the friendliest people ever. You could tell they were just really happy to be playing together on a stage, or that they were high.
"Nobody likes a quitter. Nobody said that life was easy, so if you get knocked down, take the standing 8 count, get back up and fight again and you're a Macho Maniac. Dig it!" -Macho Man Randy Savage
MangTheGoat

PreviousNext

Return to Thee Mega Thread