ThE pEt PeEvES THrEAd

Moderators: Cult Leader Lettuce, Adict4DeadMilk, johnec

Postby mags » Fri Apr 15, 2005 6:20 pm

[quote="The Lamp Incident"]I'll tell you in private what the deal is with that account.

Or I would if you had an email address available...[/quote]

magenta909@onetel.com

I emailed your gmail, but if you didn,t get it then the above will reach me.
mags

Postby kksuck2 » Fri Apr 15, 2005 7:16 pm

I think I figured it out on my own- but who knows?

Anyways- here's my pet peeve:

As some of you may or may not know- I own a house that I don't live in - it's cheaper for me to rent another place and stay here than pay for all the utilities and whatnot for a whole house- Anyways- I try to go to my house somewhat daily to "just check in" and pick up mail. The other day I discovered the lock on my back door had been fucked up and someone had been in my home- nothing was taken but bedroom doors were left open and it was quite obvious someone had been there- I locked the doors the best I could and hoped that who ever it was would simply loose intrest in my home and all would be good. I checked in yesterday- everything was A-Okay- Today I check in- and the lock again had been fucked with- and this time shit was missing- only a big box of semi worthless comics and a 7 dollar wall clock- and nothing else. I think was a group of neighbourhood kids - I'm pretty pissed but what can I do? I'd like to catch them back there in the near future-just hide out and wait- I'd break both hands so they had to get someone else to wipe their ass- Then again, I'd be the criminal right? ah well I came here looking for the mood thread or the random story thread and all of it's gone, so I ranted here- deal with it.
kksuck2

Postby Rory » Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:53 pm

When I think of a good pet peeve to contribute, but forget it before I can post it.
Rory

Postby doc love is invalid » Sat Apr 16, 2005 1:03 am

kk's troubles reminded me of a bad-ass history teacher I had in junior high. When he lived in the city, he would stare at a random wall for a couple of hours until a tagger would come by with intentions of defacing it, and then he would call the cops on them. He said he did that twice, and got some kids arrested.
doc love is invalid

Postby Spoon » Sat Apr 16, 2005 7:53 am

kksuck2, I had a problem a few years ago where some things in my office were mysteriously growing legs and walking off when I wasn't around. So I installed a small camera and a program on my computer that would start the camera recording as soon as it detected movement or a quick change in light. After telling a few key people that I had it in there, things stopped disappearing.

If you don't have a spare computer around or don't feel like going through the set-up, you could always invest a few bucks in a "fake camera", and then place some stickers on the windows claiming your place is under survailance.
"I am an asexual pug " - Lamp
Spoon

Postby kksuck2 » Sat Apr 16, 2005 12:00 pm

actually I did something similiar- with side walk chalk- I wrote on the sidewalk block infront of my door- "Smile your on Camera" and have an arrow pointing to the near by church- I hope this deters the folk fucking with my shit anymore- if not what ever- I'm not Superman.
kksuck2

Postby uschi » Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:15 am

I have a charmed life. -CC
uschi

Postby uschi » Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:47 am

they have a methodist coloring book
I have a charmed life. -CC
uschi

Postby BigTimeOperator » Sun Mar 19, 2006 8:38 am

bump
Gather round me everybody
Let me tell you who I am...
BigTimeOperator

Postby smackie9 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:44 pm

kksucks2
I'm pretty pissed but what can I do? I'd like to catch them back there in the near future-just hide out and wait- I'd break both hands so they had to get someone else to wipe their ass.....

How about installing an alarm system? Or you can even buy some of those fake security system window stickers and lawn signs.
April, May, June , July!
I've been through this
100 times!
smackie9

Postby stuart637 » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:41 am

[quote="The Lamp Incident"]We got two feet of snow over the weekend and it's snowing again. Talk about adding insult to injury. That pet peeves my Ask Jeeves.[/quote]

...when someone makes a rhyme that doesnt really make that much sence... yeah that too... ... how about when some one uses to many ...'s when thay type? ive done like 4 posts today and every one i use ...
the only way we can ever forgive bush is if he has the dudes who sang "mbop" killed....
stuart637

Postby Creepy_Old_Goat » Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:00 pm

I love the ...'s! :D

...ok... umm..

viruses and spyware and all that junk really get my... horse... (I almost said 'goat' there...)
"Goat milk?" ~Goaty
Member# 15! :D
Creepy_Old_Goat

Postby mags » Wed Apr 19, 2006 6:20 pm

I love the night life,
I love the boogie,
I love a disco,
And I feel groovey.

I hate that song.
mags

Postby smackie9 » Fri Apr 21, 2006 10:40 pm

Hey Mags, remember "disco distruction"?
April, May, June , July!
I've been through this
100 times!
smackie9

Postby mags » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:45 pm

smackie9 wrote:Hey Mags, remember "disco distruction"?

it's just possible that I do, but nothing springs to mind right now,Smackie.
The Whole Disco era is something I try activly to forget, as I do remember when Disco first emerged from America made its way on to the english dance floor and we messed it up,
Originally ( for those of you who are young enough not to know or care) Disco was Badass, subversive and scary, but as mentioned before, we Brits remolded it in to lame with occasional touchs of Kitch brilliance, we never scaled the heights of village people, the nearest we got to my mind is Marc Almonds "Tainted Love" which was a Human league cover.
mags

PreviousNext

Return to Thee Mega Thread