Cinderella
No votes
Fantasia
18%
Who gives a rats ass!
55%

Total votes : 11

Postby xfoo » Wed Oct 19, 2005 5:26 pm

[quote="BigTimeOperator"]I think Tim's work started to go downhill when he did his "OWN version" of Planet of the Apes. If you recall he hated people refering to it as a remake. Same thing with Willy Wonka. He started off running with FrankenWienie and then Pee Wee's Big Adventure. Recently I went back and watched Batman and really thought it was corny. He acheived his peak with Ed Wood and recently tried his hands ay getting his Oscar again with Big Fish. Tim Burton will always be seen as a Big Budget B-Movie maker. I have heard alot of people do not take his style seriously.. THEY referring to the IN people in Hollywood. I really hope Spike Jonez does not follow suite here. I like his work thus far.[/quote]

who the hell are the hollywood IN people? they should all be rounded up and shot, whoever they are.

i'm still waiting for someone to make an un-corny batman. actually that's a lie. i dont' know, maybe i'll watch planet of the apes: tim burton style and get back to you.

oscar: they should nuke that theatre next time they have an adademy awards. it's hard to think of something more irrelevant than wether a movie i don't care about or an actor who's even less interesting than said movies gets a stupid statue. so let's blow them up!

even if i do like the movie: is there any better form of validation than when the academy says your favorite movie is the best of the year? since it makes no difference and the resuluts are interspersed with 4 hours of celebrities congratulating themselves, it's not even worth investigating.

i hope spike jones does whatever the hell he wants and tells people to go fuck themselves left and right, even if they're trying to help, just like tim burton should. hey i think burton and kevin smith got in an extremely retarded feud. that happens a lot. kevin smith feuds i mean.
xfoo

Postby The Tarantula » Wed Oct 19, 2005 9:50 pm

[quote="xfoo"]maybe i'll watch planet of the apes: tim burton style and get back to you.[/quote]

Second worst movie I've ever sat through. Volcano is only just worse.
It's alive! (nearly)
http://dmtabs.deadmilkmen.com
The Tarantula

Postby Eve-Lau » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:29 am

"oscar: they should nuke that theatre next time they have an adademy awards. it's hard to think of something more irrelevant than wether a movie i don't care about or an actor who's even less interesting than said movies gets a stupid statue. so let's blow them up!

even if i do like the movie: is there any better form of validation than when the academy says your favorite movie is the best of the year? since it makes no difference and the resuluts are interspersed with 4 hours of celebrities congratulating themselves, it's not even worth investigating."

That is true. And the Academy also gives awards to actors and films that truly don't deserve them. I mean come on! Titanic?! That movie sucked!Too bad Kate Winslet didn't drawn with Leo. And giving a best actor award to Russel Crowe for Gladiator? He sucked big time in that movie. That's why I know Tim Burton will win. They feel guilty because he's never won and Nick Park already won three times... Although, as you said xfoo, no one should care. Those awards are meaningless.
Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.
Eve-Lau

Postby Spoon » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:23 pm

I finally got around to seeing that massive turd called "Fever Pitch". As a Red Sox fan, that was downright insulting. Like any Sox fan would ask, "Remember Bucky Dent?"

The only good parts were the clips containing baseball. Otherwise that movie was total crap.
"I am an asexual pug " - Lamp
Spoon

Postby MangTheGoat » Thu Oct 20, 2005 2:32 pm

[quote="Spoon"]I finally got around to seeing that massive turd called "Fever Pitch". As a Red Sox fan, that was downright insulting. Like any Sox fan would ask, "Remember Bucky Dent?"

The only good parts were the clips containing baseball. Otherwise that movie was total crap.[/quote]

I liked the shots of Boston landmarks. Back when I saw Fever Pitch, I was still determined to get out of this state and move to Philly. There were certain shots of landmarks, like the Boston Gas tanks and a reflection of the Prudential building on the glass of the Hancock building that was kind of a weird kick in the face about how much I would miss this city, eventually. Few movies have decent shots of Boston in them. I don't know.

Say what you want, but I have had a thing for Drew Barrymore for most of my life.
"Nobody likes a quitter. Nobody said that life was easy, so if you get knocked down, take the standing 8 count, get back up and fight again and you're a Macho Maniac. Dig it!" -Macho Man Randy Savage
MangTheGoat

Postby doctor love » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:06 pm

While seeing Drew's pictorial in Playboy years and years ago, I was never happier being hetero.
doctor love

Postby The Tarantula » Thu Oct 20, 2005 10:32 pm

Why do Americans have to remake things? Fever Pitch is about English soccer, and they already made the movie.

Thankfully, High Fidelity was a pretty good adaptation, but 1 out of 300 is a poor success rate.
It's alive! (nearly)
http://dmtabs.deadmilkmen.com
The Tarantula

Postby doctor love » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:06 am

Then you would've loved how Fever Pitch (the original) was marketed in the States then. The cover had a half naked chick with a pair of soccer kleets (sp?) blocking out her tits. For the longest time I thought it was some raunchy straight-to-video sex movie, but I finally watched it, and there's zero sex in it, and the lady on the cover isn't even in the film.
So far the only decent remake I've seen is the Magnifficent Seven, and I was'nt even a sperm in my father's gonads when that came out.
doctor love

Postby Spoon » Fri Oct 21, 2005 3:57 am

I dont know. I thought the '78 version of Invasion Of The Body Snatchers was better than the original.
Spoon

Postby BigTimeOperator » Fri Oct 21, 2005 6:19 am

Here is a list of GREAT movies that are far better than their original

The Wizard of Oz
Original: 1925
Remake: 1939

Ben Hur
Remake: 1959

Scarface
Original: 1932
Remake: 1983

The Fly
Original: 1958
Remake: 1986

Cape Fear:
Original: 1962
Remake: 1991

Other notable remakes (Not quite as good or equal to their original):
The Italian Job
Ocean's 11
The Ladykillers
The Flight of the Phoenix
The Ring
Gather round me everybody
Let me tell you who I am...
BigTimeOperator

Postby Spoon » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:06 pm

[quote="BigTimeOperator"]
The Wizard of Oz
Remake: 1939[/quote]

I want to see the 1925 version simply because I've heard people refer to this as one of the worst movies ever made. Is it live-action Guyver starring Mark Hammill bad or is it Waterworld bad? I need to know how this stacks up on the shit-o-meter!
Spoon

Postby BigTimeOperator » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:46 pm

I was going to come out and defend Waterworld, but I do not want a repeat of lasts years Bugsy RULES disaster
Gather round me everybody
Let me tell you who I am...
BigTimeOperator

Postby xfoo » Fri Oct 21, 2005 4:23 pm

i have tim burton on video tape saying 'batman was my favorite comic. it had the best color scheme and the best pyshcologial profiles.' in case no one was wondering, it's on tape cause i taped this special on comics cause it looked like it would be 'prisoners of gravity' style, but it was actually extremely retarded.

and the original cape fear must've been pretty bad
xfoo

Postby Eve-Lau » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:06 pm

I find Tim Burton pretty hard to follow. (see signature)
Ich bin der Musikant mit Taschenrechner in der Hand.
Eve-Lau

Postby doctor love » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:19 am

[quote="Eve-Lau"]I find Tim Burton pretty hard to follow.[/quote]

Stalker!
doctor love

PreviousNext

Return to Dead Milkmen